Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raven Symone lesbian

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,247 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Because her private life is her own business?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

endacl wrote: »
    Because her private life is her own business?

What I mean't is why was it so important to wait until after the US supreme court ruled that the federal government had to recognize same-sex marriages. This smells of that lesbian publicity stunt Lindsay Lohan pulled a few years ago. Most of the lesbian/bi girls on here i imagine would have still come out to their friends and their family if they knew that their family friends didn't care about and loved them for who they are regardless of whether same sex marriage was legal or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Phareon

She may have come out to her family and friends already, just not the general public. It's not really anyone's business but hers anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,980 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I honestly dont think it matters when she came out.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Pai Mei

Would there have been anything to gain from coming out to the public earlier in fairness??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

Chris___ wrote: »
    What I mean't is why was it so important to wait until after the US supreme court ruled that the federal government had to recognize same-sex marriages. This smells of that lesbian publicity stunt Lindsay Lohan pulled a few years ago. Most of the lesbian/bi girls on here i imagine would have still come out to their friends and their family if they knew that their family friends didn't care about and loved them for who they are regardless of whether same sex marriage was legal or not.

From what I understand it was an open secret before her "announcement" that she was in a same sex relationship.

Sorry to spoil a good manufactured controversy for you.

Advertisement