Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP! HELP! HELP!

Options
  • 03-08-2013 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi all, i hope some kind soul takes the time to give me some advice or suggestions. I am currently using a behringer eurorack ub 1202. I am now looking for something bigger. I had settled on the Mackie ProFX12 but on reading the manual it says you can only connect one acoustic guitar into line one but would need a DI box if you were to connect any more. Is this true. The one i have now does 2 mics and 2 acoustic guitars ( hope im using it right). I think i just need an extra 2 to 4 channels. Any help will be greatly received. Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭godfrey

You may use ANY of the line inputs for an instrument, doesn't matter if it's a guitar or a keyboard or any other line level source (mp3 player, sampler etc.), as long as it's a relatively short cable, say, under 10m.

DI boxes are used to connect unbalanced, high impedance, line level signals to mic inputs, and while they certainly are the better way to go, your small setup most likely will not make their use produce a better sound.

g

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 743 Mod ✭✭✭✭TroutMask

depends what you're plugging on - an unbuffered Piezo will only sound good into a very high impedance load. Regular Line Ins are too low an impedance for a pickup like this. Granted this is a rare case - as most acoustics have active electronics onboard these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 smithfish

Cool, thanks.

Advertisement