Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D and Such in Athlone

Options
  • 03-08-2013 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Just moved to Athlone and I'm looking for someone to play with!! :D

Looking for anyone who's running or playing a campaign that I could join. If someone could point me in the right direction, that'd be great!!

D&D, Call of Cthulhu or something that I haven't tried yet, I'm open to suggestions!! Also, Munchkin! Own it and let me play and I will love you forever!!

Donna
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭ifeelill

There are some studets in the college who play card games, there might be a society or club in AIT that might be facilitating those games

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

Hey Donna,

I've been thinking about trying D&D just on the lookout for someone who could run a game, as I've never done so myself. I've only every played Space Munchkin, but love it :D

The only trick with me for trying / playing D&D is finding the time, usually tied down with work and such.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Lucross

Hi,

I'd be interested in joining one or possibly running one if people are interested. I haven't been in an RPG since I moved here :(

I have ran some Rogue Trader & DnD 4th ed before, but I can't guarantee that they were any good :P

I also like to play some boardgames/cardgames :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Athlone DnD

Hey, sorry for bumping an old thread, any of those who were interested in playing im starting up a D&D 4e game in the new year.
    Im willing to run the game and provide any of the game books needed to those interested.
    I would however need someone to host the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 pinksaucerox

We can host :) wouldn't be able to have a set night each week though as I work stupid hours! Definitely up for it though if people are interested :) also, got Munchkin Zombies so there's that. . .

• Advertisement

Cool, I unfortunately also work crazy hours and mostly out of town so id hope to run any games at the weekend.

That'd suit the boyfriend but not me, unfortunately :( often work 'til 10 or 11:30, days off are random and I don't even get a full week roster at a time! But would definitely like to arrange something if some of the previous posters are still interested!

I'd still be interested in playing some games. I'm free most weekends, & can host if needed as well.

Awesome :) I'll have a chat with himself about organising something! There isn't, by chance, a shop that sells D&D stuff and the like in Athlone, does anyone know?!

Not any shop here that I know of.

• Advertisement

I have all of the books on pdf, all anyone would need are a set of dice and some miniatures.

Have the PDFs too, no miniatures though :( I'll get back to ye next week once life gets back to normal!

Miniatures aren't a big deal at all, I have to buy a bunch anyway. If we do get a game going I'll just order a fairly decent representation of all the players charactors if nreded

Advertisement