Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird cartoon on RTE.

• 03-08-2013 10:24am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if this rings a bell with anyone,just trying to see if anyone else remembers this really strange animated short film that I saw on RTE in the 80's.It was stop motion animation and it featured a clown in the circus who finds that all of a sudden he can't remove his makeup after his act is finished,he keeps trying to wash it off with no result.He goes to a removal with a scarf over his face and while he goes up to the coffin his scarf falls off and everyone starts laughing at him.Everywhere he goes then people in the street point and laugh at him.The final scene shows him in the circus ring having hanged himself.Its been bugging me for years trying to find out what it was.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

No amount of googling will bring up anything on this so I'd be gratefull if someone else who saw it on RTE can assure me I diden't dream it.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭strangel00p

darkdubh wrote: »
    Just wondering if this rings a bell with anyone,just trying to see if anyone else remembers this really strange animated short film that I saw on RTE in the 80's.It was stop motion animation and it featured a clown in the circus who finds that all of a sudden he can't remove his makeup after his act is finished,he keeps trying to wash it off with no result.He goes to a removal with a scarf over his face and while he goes up to the coffin his scarf falls off and everyone starts laughing at him.Everywhere he goes then people in the street point and laugh at him.The final scene shows him in the circus ring having hanged himself.Its been bugging me for years trying to find out what it was.

Sorry don't remember this, but Christ, 80s cartoons were grim...Clowns hanging themselves, no wonder it's burned into your memory. RTE have a lot to answer for.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,195 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Could have been Polish or Hungarian or even Romanian

RTE broadcasted a load of these in the 70's & 80's. Must have got them cheap.

Silent and often ended with the word ''Koniec'' if I remember correctly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

gammygils wrote: »

Probably,though there was some dialogue in this,in English, though could have been dubbed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

gammygils wrote: »

Koniec, is Polish or other slavic language for "The End".

Having been in contact with RTE's archive department in the past, I doubt they still have this. They don't even have a copy of most of The Den FFS. When they released that Den DVD a few years ago, it was less "The best bits from back Den", and more "What we kept from back Den".

I don't remember that particular one, but I do remember creepy stop motion cartoons with a lot of dead air in them. Often used as filler until the next episode of Rescue Rangers was scheduled to be broadcast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,809 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Advertisement