Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Floodlight/Floodlit photography

Options
  • 03-08-2013 1:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭

I am going to be in Croke Park tomoroow ( today actually:rolleyes:) for the 2 semi- finals and plan to take a good few photos.

Good seat in the front row of the premium and I have no worries about the first match which starts at 5

But the Dublin /Cork match starts at 7 so I presume the floodlights will come into play.

Are there any tips/advice for taken photos under floodlights?

Will be using D7000 nikon with nikon 80-400mm lens.

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Pump up your ISO, and open your aperture to the max. After that, try for a good shutter speed faster than 1/640.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 100 ✭✭hcnyla

The lights in Croker are pretty good so you should be fine especially with the ambient light bright as well. What I would say though is that you will be pretty high up and far away from the up pitch in the premium level so the angle won't be great.

I'd concentrate on enjoying the games and the premium level hospitality if I were you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

you might also adjust your white balance (depending on the amount of natural light and Kelvin that the floodlights are at) .... it assists with correct exposure .. but its not 100% necessary, auto white balance will usually cover you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,246 ✭✭✭secman

Any shots Keps that you might want to share, interested to see how they came out.

Secman

• Registered Users Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

To tell the truth I took the advice of hcnyla above & left the camera at home and just went along to enjoy the games and have a few beers.

thanks for asking -appreciated:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement