Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with fondue stall!!

Options
  • 03-08-2013 12:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi everyone, I'm having a chocolate fondue stand at a charity event this weekend (all proceeds to charity) I'm hiring the fountain for the day and comes with marshmallows fudge and biscuits to put on skewers. I'm planning to include strawberrys aswell but I'm trying to price them to sell but enough to make some money for the cause! I was thinking €3 per skewer?? I will need to sell €65 at that price to break even. Thanks : )

Comments

One marshmallow for 3 euro ???

I'd make little plates with a mixture of items and 1 skewer. Work out the cost of each plate and then add on a reasonable figure as profit. If I had 3 kids, I'm not gonna shell out 9 euros.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

Lace them with cocaine and charge a fiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

More details are needed, is it a fancy schmancy event where everyone is minted, or a stall in the middle of a load of other stalls selling stuff?

Like I will be able to figure it out after a few glasses of vino.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭MoonDancer

I love these kind of stalls, the kids love them too, but I am usually broke so I never pay 3 or 5 euro the people are asking for them.

Would you not just sell them for 1euro each, and then you should get loads of people buying them because they're so cheap?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Depends on the charity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Let them eat poo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Markcheese

MoonDancer wrote: »
    I love these kind of stalls, the kids love them too, but I am usually broke so I never pay 3 or 5 euro the people are asking for them.

Would you not just sell them for 1euro each, and then you should get loads of people buying them because they're so cheap?

Which would be great .... As long as the ingredient cost is less than a buck, otherwise the more you sell, Yhe more you lose ....

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Whatever you're paying for the fountain give to the charity instead and put you're feet up for the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭The Narrator

A bag of marshmallows in Tesco costs like 85c (with like 20 in the bag).

You should charge something like 40 or 50 cents and hope for the best.

If I'm honest, I think it is a terrible idea.

You should have baked cakes, would have allowed you to maximise the use of the ingredients you bought.

Best of luck with it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭camel jockey

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Let them eat poo.

I thought it said chocolate fountain? Wrong sort of brown liquid...

• Advertisement
Advertisement