Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

brake pads and discs range rover 05 vogue

Options
  • 02-08-2013 8:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

anybody have any idea how much it would cost to replace these , told that rusty so dont feel comfortable driving it now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

Parts are cheap, less than €100 for non genuine parts per axle and labour shouldn't be that expensive. Don't go near a dealer, any competent mechanic should be able to do the job.

Is the reason for rust lack of use and is it worse on the rear? If so and there's no grinding noises I wouldn't panic too much but get it looked at ASAP. Since they banned asbestos in brake pads years back, discs don't last anywhere near as long and rust quicker.

TBH, if you can run a full fat RR you shouldn't be skimping on braking 2.5t of Solihull's finest ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭enumbers

I would love to see were you can buy any kind of reasonable quality disks and pads for 100 for a fullfat range rover

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

http://www.paddockspares.com/parts-and-accessories/range-rover-l322/brakes/to-5a999999.html

Bit more when you add VAT I suppose but delivery is only £10. Even with EBC pads it's still cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭enumbers

mintex disc £40 plus vat each plus pads at 42 plus vat so comes to 145pounds sterling plus delivery looks pretty close to 200euro to me

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭OldGuysRule

Anecdotely, a dealer would have charged around €2k for front and rear discs n pads, get materials on line and local mechanic and the total cost is closer to €500 or €600.

• Advertisement
Advertisement