Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to Create a Website!!!

Options
  • 02-08-2013 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi:

I am looking to set up a website for a company I am working on setting up. I cant go into too much detail of what exactly the company is at the moment but i can give you an overview of the type of site I am looking to create and then maybe you could help me with some recommendations of which ways to go about creating my site (keeping in mind i have never coded before).

My site will look something like this:

Homepage
    - Product A
    -Price Range A1
    -Price Range A2
    -Price Range A3
    -Price Range A4
    -Product B
    -Price Range B1

etc etc etc etc....

I will have :
    1 Homepage
    17-20 Subpages (Product pages) (each SUBPAGE will have 5 subpages (price ranges)

Homepage will just be a basic design with a bit about the company and a menu linking to the 17-20 subpages (which will be my product types), Each subpage will have links to shopping pages which may each have 100 items instore. I want each item to have its own page also which will have a html link to an outside retailer. However if each item having its own page will be too much work i will just link to an external page for each product.

If this makes any sense to you and you can help me in any way please let me know.

I am currently using wix.com to create the site but their website seems very slow and only getting slower with the more pages i add.

I am ideally looking for a website builder that :
    1/Can handle the amount of individual pages i need
    2/ Is free to build the website and then i will pay the fee to launch it
    3/ gives me everything i need to create the site.

I dont mind if it is an online site builder or a program such as adobe muse or something but I just want to know the easiest way to do what i need done.

Thanks
    Mark:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭BrookieD

joomla is great for this, i build and look after a range of commercial sites using joomla. pm me for details if you want

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

Hire somebody to build it.

All 'site builders' are awful.

If you've no budget to hire someone, Wordpress might suit your needs. There's a plethora of free tutorials & videos on how to use it out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 techguy101

Between WordPress or Joomla you should be easily able to set this up. I'd personally use WordPress and then try out one of the many ecommerce plugins out there. Just read plenty of tutorials as there's a lot to cover! Good luck!

Advertisement