Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beginner Decks

Options
  • 02-08-2013 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

what would be the best set of decks that can take both CD's and an ipods to get started with a bit of mixing and recording the mixes, also is it worth buying an apple laptop or should I stick with a windows PC?

Overall how much would I be looking at for a starter kit?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

s_macmahon wrote: »
    what would be the best set of decks that can take both CD's and an ipods to get started with a bit of mixing and recording the mixes, also is it worth buying an apple laptop or should I stick with a windows PC?

Overall how much would I be looking at for a starter kit?

You don't need a laptop for starters. But if you wanted to go that route, your looking at about €1200 for a Mac (Which I would recommend)

Best decks in my opinion and the Pioneer CDJ400's or the Gemini CDJ700's (Basically a budget Pioneer CDJ2000 which is the flagship, industry standard deck)

If you want the laptop route, pick up a DDJ-T1 or a M-Audio Xponent. Great pieces of kit.

As regards a budget, you'd want about €500+ to get a 'decent' set up going. Don't buy cheap as you won't have the feature set and you'll get bored. Or you'll get bored and need to buy a new set up in 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭s_macmahon

cheers thanks

Advertisement