Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MineOS Server upgrade

Options
  • 02-08-2013 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Can't seem to find out how to update my MineOS server from 1.5.2 to 1.6.2! Anyone here running 1.6.2 on MineOS?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭mindstorms

Did you sort this out? I have 1.6.2 up and running on MineOS

• Registered Users Posts: 4 wherbjr35

Hi, I am running headless MineOS and am trying to setup a new server profile. I have the stock vanilla 1.7.2 and 1.6.4 profiles loaded as part of the initial install, but now i want to run 1.6.2, which isn't included. Where do I find and dl a safe copy of the jar files I need?

I am pretty new to MC still, so I apologize of the answer is obvious.

thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭mindstorms

If you go to minecraft.net, then dowload and then to the minecraft_server.jar, you will see a link for the latest version, 1.7.2. If you edit that link, you can grab the 1.6.2 jar file:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/versions/1.6.2/minecraft_server.1.6.2.jar

So, create a new 1.6.2 profile, selecting server in jar file option, give the above url and the jar file name and you should be good to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 wherbjr35

Right on!! Worked like a champ! I'm working on adding the clay soldiers mod...i was able to get MCF installed, but then this was holding me up....thanks a lot for the kindness.

Advertisement