Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend Aluminium Radiator

Options
  • 02-08-2013 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi

My existing radiators are all made of two stainless steel panels with aluminium fins between each panel (hopefully that makes sense!) All about 7-10 years old

I've been told by a couple of plumbers that they are the cheapest on the market and I should buy aluminium radiators as they will make a HUGE difference

Is the above correct, is aluminium so effective?
    Also does make or model make a difference? I sometimes get the impression all rads are the same.

I have quite a cold house, for various reasons insulation is not an option so need to decide what to buy before end of summer.

Thanks in advance

Regards

D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

Dofarrell wrote: »
    Hi

My existing radiators are all made of two stainless steel panels with aluminium fins between each panel (hopefully that makes sense!) All about 7-10 years old

I've been told by a couple of plumbers that they are the cheapest on the market and I should buy aluminium radiators as they will make a HUGE difference

Is the above correct, is aluminium so effective?
    Also does make or model make a difference? I sometimes get the impression all rads are the same.

I have quite a cold house, for various reasons insulation is not an option so need to decide what to buy before end of summer.

Thanks in advance

Regards

D

You have pressed steel radiators with fins between them not stainless steel.

The aluminium radiators are very good but also very expensive. To compare. I done a basment renovation and i had to get 2 of them. The cost to me €650 for the two (1100mm x 620mm) when the equivilant pressed steel rads would have been around €200.

Heating Distributors in Finglas Co. Dublin is where I got them from.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Dofarrell

JohnnieK wrote: »
    You have pressed steel radiators with fins between them not stainless steel.

The aluminium radiators are very good but also very expensive. To compare. I done a basment renovation and i had to get 2 of them. The cost to me €650 for the two (1100mm x 620mm) when the equivilant pressed steel rads would have been around €200.

Heating Distributors in Finglas Co. Dublin is where I got them from.

Thanks for that, very helpful

Advertisement