Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beat a game from your backlog this July: August Edition

Options
  • 02-08-2013 1:51pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,030 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

So had a pretty crappy July for beating games. Started off so well but ended in failure. The tally for July was:

Lollipop Chainsaw
    Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles
    House of the Dead 2 & 3

Between the the hot weather and work on the game project I'm on ramping up I've not had time to play a lot.

I also got a new PC so I've spent a lot of time jumping between different games to see how they look on the new rig :)

Anyway I'll be again concentrating on Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey. I'm almost at the final boss after near 60 hours so I should have the game finished depending on how horrible the last boss is. I'm also playing Dark Souls again and have been playing quite a bit of the amazing La Mulana on PC.

I might go back to Lost in Shadow but it got a bit tiring after a while.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Retr0gamer wrote: »

I also got a new PC so I've spent a lot of time jumping between different games to see how they look on the new rig :)

Same here , been playing loads of different games just to see what they look like and see the fps :o.

Trying to finish Dead Island Riptide on the PS3 at the moment, but I keep going back to the pc , when I can get my Son off it ( damn Cube World :D ).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Hoping to finish Fire Emblem on the 3DS this month. So many side missions though, you could play it forever!

Should have Dead Island bet at some stage too. Surprised how enjoyable it is. Not a perfect game by any means but the melee combat and atmosphere are entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I started playing Bioshock Infinite the other night but only manged a short session. I think this might be one of those games that gives me motion sickness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I started playing Bioshock Infinite the other night but only manged a short session. I think this might be one of those games that gives me motion sickness.

I get the same issue with Child of Eden. That, and my eyes just reduce to oozing jelly trying to keep-up with all that's happening on the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Crackdown (free with gold) never played it so im looking forward to it

dead rising 2 + case zero (free with gold) never played it either so im really excited for it considering im getting dr3 , so this game shall give me a taste whether or not il like the new one coming out

far cry 3 , on chapter 9 i think now , didnt get into the game at the start, but as the story started to move on, im really liking it so far, and having alot of fun defeating the outposts

i most likely wont complete all of these, main goal is far cry 3 for now, but they should all keep me going until gtaV release :) il be on that game for months :L

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

FTL may just cause me to break some things on my desk. Great game but...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I actually finished this 2 nights ago, loved it, thought the ending was fantastic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Megaman x
    Link to the past
    Mgs 3 HD
    Ico HD

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,030 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Got to the last boss of Strange Journey. It's not even funny how bad an ass kicking I'm getting. Guess it's time for some side missions, won't be beating this any time soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Playing Bully Scholarship Edition on the 360, its odd going back to games with no regen health and dodgy checkpointing. Its a wee bit buggy too, I replayed 1 mission 3 times to progress beyond the post mission cutscene. Just finished Last Window enjoyed that bar that fuçking stupid music box puzzle right near the end, I still don't know how I finished that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Just finished Thomas Was Alone, which was quite enjoyable, although it wasn't particularly difficult for a game of puzzles. Stealth Inc Next.

Hoping to finish AC2 finally this month, after starting it 4 years ago, and Devil May Cry 1, I'm up to where I was when it first came out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    So had a pretty crappy July for beating games. Started off so well but ended in failure. The tally for July was:

Lollipop Chainsaw

I started that game and never finished it. I have no interest in going back to it either.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,030 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Thought it was fantastic myself. Very funny dialogue and loads of fun.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Alan Wake for me, just started today.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

Started Spec Ops: The Line couple days ago, so should get it finished by the end of the week. Got to start Hitman and then Mafia 2. I think thats do-able this month, depending on the weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Didn't finish a single game all month, 105 hours logged in my Dark Souls playthrough so far and ready for the last boss but I bought the DLC the other day so that'll keep me going for another while.

Slowly getting through LIMBO on the laptop but with the good weather all month gaming time has been at a premium

For this month, hopefully 'll get both finished and that'll be my backlog gone apart from a few steam games I have no real urge to play. Bought Civ V in the summer sale so might give that a shot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

I remember when Josey Wales made the first of these threads many months ago the first game on my list was Splinter cell Chaos theory HD. Well, I still haven't completed, however I recently started playing it again and think I can do it this time. Technically this game is on my back-log for several years since I started but never completed the original game on the PS2. I remember making it to the Japanese Bathouse level and something new and shiney must have distracted me.

Phew, finally beat Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey. That was one of the best RPGs I've ever played but also one of the toughest. I had 63 hours on the clock but it's closer to 70 from deaths. That's a relief :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

I must get around to finishing max Payne 3 .
    Also I have tomb raider story finished but game completion is at 78 percent. Not sure if I will go to 100

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

I've beaten Dishonored and Hotline Miami already this month, going to try finish a campaign in Divinity:Dragon Commander, will have a crack at Soul Sacrifice, and maybe Far Cry 3. Not going to get all that done though being realistic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Yes finished Spec Ops today gonna start Mafia 2 properly later :D

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Backfire

Since early july, I have started and finished AC2, The Last of Us and Dead Space 3.

Playing some Angry Birds Trilogy on the xbox these days.

Ready to start into Batman Arkham City GOTY. That will keep me going a while :)

I kind of finished Megaman Powered up on the PSP. By kind of I mean I finished enough to satisfy me. I discovered when I was coming to the end of the game that the game has about 50 DLC packs that unlock a vast amount og new characters and downloadable stages all for free. Then there's also the free user generated maps you can get, the community for the game is still very active. I think I played enough of it finishing the original and remake versions of the game with mega man and giving the other characters a bash. There's just so much content in this game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Started Two Worlds.... uuugggghhhh what a pile of crap this is :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

I've managed to put in some solid gaming shifts over the last month (finding time to game has been tough recently). I managed to finish Tomb Raider and Dishonored.

Tomb Raider started off excellently. I liked the idea of this adventure being Lara's first one and the half hour shift from "innocent college student" to "seasoned killer/adventurer" played out pretty well. I found the latter stages of the game (I'll call it the post-fire-climb, to avoid spoiling anything), to be quite straight forward and borderline boring. I'd give it a 7/10 overall. Also, the whole per-release hullabaloo around the supposed "rape" scene was way too overhyped.

Dishonored started slowly, but once I got the feel for the game I was completely hooked. It's probably the best game I played this year. I loved the "Thief" feel which was all over the game. Good story, great gameplay. I felt that the Blink ability made the game a bit too easy at times, but it wouldn't have been the same game without it. There was nothing more satisfying than blinking behind a guard, choking him out and stashing his body somewhere out of sight. I'd hand it a 9/10.

I'm playing The Last of Us at the moment. It's been enjoyable so far - good characters, excellent story and amazing scenery. The AI is a let down; I've found combat to be quite easy once you have the right tools. I was worried that the game would have the typical "uncharted" feel to it, and I think it does when it comes to combat. It's still been enjoyable so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

75 hours clocked for the true ending of Persona 4. First SMT/Persona game I've ever played and I loved it. Would really like to get my hands on Golden but I can't justify getting a Vita just for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

Finally got around to completing Red dead redemption the other day.

Currently working on getting the platinum trophy for fallout new Vegas (already beaten the game a few times but just need to get those last few obscure trophies!)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I'm still trudging my way through the Witcher 2, and still trying to decide whether I like it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

1 year and counting....

Still trying to convince myself to play and finish dead island...

Can....not.....do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,360 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

just finished Aliens: CM and I thought it wasn't too bad, I certainly don't get the hate for it
    In saying that it has it's flaws but I would give it a favourable 7/10

Advertisement