Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ruth Patterson (DUP) arrested.

Options
  • 02-08-2013 1:33pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭

My own feelings on this is that they will arrest this person who I find hard not to loathe today, but they could easily arrest a Republican on the same charges tomorrow- the less the British state does in Ireland the better. However her comments certainly reveal an immense amount about the current thinking within Ulster Loyalism.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-23547697

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭SoulandForm

In 2004 she called on Loyalists to explain why they attacked a pensioners home seeing as they were neither Roman Catholic or belonging to an ethnic minority- of course the DUP did not discipline her in any way. That said at least she is straight forward in her bigotry until people such as David Irvine who was quite happy to actually not only support to take part in the UVF's campaign yet publicly hid his sectarian blood thirst.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭ambid

My own feelings on this is that they will arrest this person who I find hard not to loathe today, but they could easily arrest a Republican on the same charges tomorrow- the less the British state does in Ireland the better. However her comments certainly reveal an immense amount about the current thinking within Ulster Loyalism.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-23547697

It's one stupid comment from an extremist politician who has almost no influence in her society. There is no evidence that her idiotic comment represents anything other than an isolated and minority view. Lets not over-react, and lets not give this nasty individual more credit than she deserves.

Of course the PSNI had to act in this case. Had they not acted they would have been negligent in their duty.

ambid wrote: »
    It's one stupid comment from an extremist politician who has almost no influence. There is no evidence that her idiotic comment represents anything other than an isolated and minority view. Lets not over-react, and lets not give this nasty individual more credit than she deserves.

Are you serious?

She is a member of the largest pro-Union party and one of its most popular members with its grass roots.

It is no way an isolated view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Was she not arrested by the Police Service of Northern Ireland?

The OP makes it sound like it was MI5!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

It's one stupid comment from an extremist politician who has almost no influence in her society. There is no evidence that her idiotic comment represents anything other than an isolated and minority view. Lets not over-react, and lets not give this nasty individual more credit than she deserves.

Of course the PSNI had to act in this case. Had they not acted they would have been negligent in their duty.

You should read this

N%20Protestants.jpg

It's the single most terrifying book I have ever read. It genuinely scared me.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 230 ✭✭alphamule

yesterday it was the DUP wanting to ban the silly string.

The whole state of NI is a complete embarrassment! We should wall off the border!

When she was confronted she denied it, then she tried to distance herself immediately.

Awful person to represent a community.

She should be calling for the ending of all marches if she truly wanted peace up there.

But she wants votes so she fully supports OO/KKK marches and condemns anything republican.

OO marches through a nationalist area, if thats not terrorism then what is??

alphamule wrote: »
    yesterday it was the DUP wanting to ban the silly string.

The whole state of NI is a complete embarrassment! We should wall off the border!

You are an embarrassment! We should wall off you!

You are an embarrassment! We should wall off you!

No other forums in the backward kip up there no?

No other forums in the backward kip up there no?

You're only proving my point further. keep it up. :)

• Advertisement

You're only proving my point further. keep it up. :)

Typical Nordie, can only ever reflect criticism.

Are you going to start a riot over this now? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Pretty sure she got arrested under statute law of North Ireland by the PSNI not the UK government.

mike65 wrote: »
    Pretty sure she got arrested under statute law of North Ireland by the PSNI not the UK government.

The PSNI is an arm of the UK government.

Northern Ireland is under the control of the UK government and ultimately of the English Queen.

Typical Nordie,

There is no such thing as a typical nordie. I'm also intrigued as to what you mean by nordie. Are people from Donegal or Cavan or Monaghan nordies because I live further south than a lot of them.
    can only ever reflect criticism.

This makes no sense
    Are you going to start a riot over this now? :pac:

There hasn't been a riot in south Armagh in about 15 years.
    I believe there was one in Dublin relatively recently though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Northern Ireland is under the control of the UK government and ultimately of the English Queen.

oooooooooooooooooooooooookaayyyyyyyy!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭jeffery lebowski

You should read this

N%20Protestants.jpg

It's the single most terrifying book I have ever read. It genuinely scared me.

Just out of Interest - What was so scary in this book for you? I thought it was an honest protrayal of one side of a divided society - Sad but nothing suprising.

The PSNI is an arm of stormont actually, did you not get the memo?

Was she not arrested by the Police Service of Northern Ireland?

The OP makes it sound like it was MI5!

It is very possible that MI5 gave the order for her arrest- they have a substantial behind the scenes rule in the occupation by the UK of the part of Ireland in question.

http://www.caj.org.uk/files/2012/12/05/The_Policing_you_dont_see,_November_2012.pdf

The PSNI is an arm of stormont actually, did you not get the memo?

Stormount that glorified county council is independent of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland?

When did this happen?

It is very possible that MI5 gave the order for her arrest- they have a substantial behind the scenes rule in the occupation by the UK of the part of Ireland in question.

http://www.caj.org.uk/files/2012/12/05/The_Policing_you_dont_see,_November_2012.pdf

Ok, you've just gone from ranting to crazy in 6.2 seconds.

• Advertisement

Ok, you've just gone from ranting to crazy in 6.2 seconds.

Read the report.

I really dont understand how you Shinners can maintain the farce that you are on equal standing with the Brits in terms of control over the north still.

What riot was this??

Stormount that glorified county council is independent of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland?

When did this happen?

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2008/nov/18/northern-ireland-devolution-police

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

This particular NI thread seems more than usually idiotic and pointlessly partisan. Perhaps someone other than the OP can try again.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement