Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fundraising - Urgent query!

Options
  • 02-08-2013 9:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi all, I am hope I this is in the right place and that you can help me.

Essentially the event will benefit two charities, one will be named from the offset, the other will be chosen by the MVP of a match held as part of the event. One of the options we were looking into to collect money (which would be during a 3 week period after the match) was to set up an account with mycharity.ie or something simular, the difficulty with this seems to be that when setting up the account all the money goes directly to the chosen charity which is theory is great, but seeing as the other charity isnt named yet they would miss out if people chose this option.

Long story short, does anyone know of any sites that hold the money and then even send cheques or anything onto the charities?

Also if anyone has an experience of short term bank accounts for such events I would be very greatful!

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Prettyfireworks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭TylerIE

Hi all, I am hope I this is in the right place and that you can help me.

Essentially the event will benefit two charities, one will be named from the offset, the other will be chosen by the MVP of a match held as part of the event. One of the options we were looking into to collect money (which would be during a 3 week period after the match) was to set up an account with mycharity.ie or something simular, the difficulty with this seems to be that when setting up the account all the money goes directly to the chosen charity which is theory is great, but seeing as the other charity isnt named yet they would miss out if people chose this option.

Long story short, does anyone know of any sites that hold the money and then even send cheques or anything onto the charities?

Also if anyone has an experience of short term bank accounts for such events I would be very greatful!

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Prettyfireworks

Short term bank accounts are possible but far from transparent and unless shut down immediately after the event can be problematic - either funds in the account end up being used for fees or the signatorys end up getting bank charges for an empty account.

It sounds easy in theory but getting two or more signatories to come together for closing the account can be more awkward than it seems, particularly when the "excitement" leading up to the event is over and everybody feels they have given enough time.

And putting the account in one name as a personal account is just a recipe for disaster!

Virgin money in the UK had something like mycharity on offer in the past, a quick google could help. That or just a normal PayPal!

Advertisement