Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are the chances?

Options
  • 02-08-2013 7:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Just did a clearblue digi to rule pregnancy out from a few symptomns and its after coming up 1-2 weeks pregnant.

I'm currently in a bit of shock and wondering if its possible that it could be a false bfp? Has anyone had a false bfp with them?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

very tiny chance of a false positive.
    Congrats:)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭grarf

my clearblue bfp was right, too - same as you, 1-2 weeks, got it confirmed with the doc once I was overdue on my period. yup, preggo. I'd say congrats! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pat McGhee

Clearblue are the most accurate AFAIK.
    Congrats!! Hope it's the news you want :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I would do a second to make sure! I only felt it was real after I had about five positive tests in front of me!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I did two tesco ones later this morning and two very faint lines... :/ this is seriously bad timing so my head is a bit of a mess at the moment. Thanks for your responses..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I did two tesco ones later this morning and two very faint lines... :/ this is seriously bad timing so my head is a bit of a mess at the moment. Thanks for your responses..

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

I have heard that the digital ones are actually less accurate than the normal clear blue, so perhaps just to a basic clear blue and see how that goes.

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Very rare to get a false positive. False negs are easier.

Congrats. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭PuddingHead

When I told the doc that I'd used a clearblue test she giggled and said congrats, that they're not wrong usually.

Congrats and don't worry it'll all be okay, but if you need a chat we're all here!

Advertisement