Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Room thermostat - what distance from a rad ideally?

Options
  • 01-08-2013 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Plumber has just put thermostat in hallway, about 1.3m from hall rad. Is that okay?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

Linto wrote: »
    Plumber has just put thermostat in hallway, about 1.3m from hall rad. Is that okay?

Yes and no is the simple answer.

Hot air rises, in a hall to upstairs so won't be to bad.
    Over rad is the worst and stupid. The further away the better.
    Kitchen cooking affects it if in kitchen.
    Fire affects it if in sitting room.

I keep my remote controlled stat next to my wife. If she's warm and happy it makes for a happy house.

Again no where is perfect as the one controller controls the house.

No offence to my wife intended.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Linto

scudo2 wrote: »
    Yes and no is the simple answer.

Hot air rises, in a hall to upstairs so won't be to bad.
    Over rad is the worst and stupid. The further away the better.
    Kitchen cooking affects it if in kitchen.
    Fire affects it if in sitting room.

I keep my remote controlled stat next to my wife. If she's warm and happy it makes for a happy house.

Again no where is perfect as the one controller controls the house.

No offence to my wife intended.

Thanks scudo2!
    Can I get a remote controlled one in addition to wall mounted? And switch between them?

NO
    One or the other is normal, not two, see how you get on with it as it is before changing.
    There easy enough to change if nessary and are available from plumbing supplys like HEATMERCHANTS or similar, not your DIY shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

scudo2 wrote: »
    NO
    One or the other is normal, not two, see how you get on with it as it is before changing.
    There easy enough to change if nessary and are available from plumbing supplys like HEATMERCHANTS or similar, not your DIY shops.

Was that not a remote controlled wife he was asking for:D. We could all do with those.

JohnnieK wrote: »
    Was that not a remote controlled wife he was asking for:D. We could all do with those.

Reset reset reset......... not responding

Unit does not respond or willing to pair with programer !!

• Advertisement
Advertisement