Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft work experience?

Options
  • 01-08-2013 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I'm really interested in computers and I was looking into getting work experience at Microsoft but apparently it's pretty difficult. I won the scholarship to my school, took a CTYI course on computers and animation this Summer and I'm expecting pretty good results in the JC (not trying to be cocky but I worked really hard). Could anyone post any information they have on getting into the course please? I would really love to get in and I want to apply early. Any info would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Applying early won't improve your chances. I'll PM you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

If you get an A in science and maths, then apply to Microsoft (through a application system). About 800 people apply per year and only 70 get through. There are various of ways to get into Microsoft. There's this competition called "Smart Futures STEM Factor" where the prize is work experince at microsoft. I've heard you don't really "work" there, you only get talks and all that with professionals in many fields, better than nothing to be honest! :)

Advertisement