Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small businesses needed to trial free health and safety website

Options
  • 01-08-2013 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,

I doing PhD research in health and safety and have developed a website to assist small businesses with their health and safety compliance requirements. Problem is, I need 130 small businesses and I am finding it almost impossible to get in touch with businesses in each county.

If you own or work in a small business, and would be happy to take part in a trial of my website please contact me here or on aine.newell@ul.ie

The trial involves answering a survey and the start and end of the 4 month trial, using the website www.smesafety.ie as often of a little as you wish and a phonecall once a month to see how you are geting on with it.

Have tried all 35 enterprise boards, Small Firms Association, ISME, chambers of commerce in every county, Udaras, etc! So if you have suggestions on how to get in contact with small business owners please let me know.

Thanks a mill

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Hi, for making contact, there are numerous regional and local business groups on Linkedin.

As an example, there is a UL Alumni Association (maybe some SME related members??) with 7,500 members on Linkedin.

Maybe set up a profile, join a few groups, and start from there?

One last point; your pitch does not make it clear enough (to me anyhow) that there will be no further commitment after the 4 months and that it is solely for research and in total confidence. A bit more emphasis here maybe.

Hope this helps.

Advertisement