Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling to Oxegen

Options
  • 01-08-2013 4:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭

Hi all,

Quick question re Oxegen this year, I'm coming from Dublin and I want to know:

Is anyone cycling?
    Has anyone ever cycled?
    Does anyone know anyone who has?
    Are there facilities for locking/ storing bikes?

Thanks in advance.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭banjopaul

Pm1e wrote: »
    Hi all,

Quick question re Oxegen this year, I'm coming from Dublin and I want to know:

Is anyone cycling?
    Has anyone ever cycled?
    Does anyone know anyone who has?
    Are there facilities for locking/ storing bikes?

Thanks in advance.

I've cycled from dublin to punchestown a good few times. It's a fine cycle but I'd advise you to avoid the N7, it's not nice cycling beside large trucks going 100km/h, even if you're allowed on the road. Try a route like this: http://goo.gl/maps/y7wJ3

I very much doubt there'll be anywhere provided to lock a bike, but you could possibly try find a sturdy looking fence in the carpark? Definitely wouldn't risk it with a valuable bike. Another option would locking up somewhere in Naas and getting a shuttle bus out to Punchestown, but again leaving a bike overnight there wouldn't be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Pm1e

banjopaul wrote: »
    I've cycled from dublin to punchestown a good few times. It's a fine cycle but I'd advise you to avoid the N7, it's not nice cycling beside large trucks going 100km/h, even if you're allowed on the road. Try a route like this: http://goo.gl/maps/y7wJ3

I very much doubt there'll be anywhere provided to lock a bike, but you could possibly try find a sturdy looking fence in the carpark? Definitely wouldn't risk it with a valuable bike. Another option would locking up somewhere in Naas and getting a shuttle bus out to Punchestown, but again leaving a bike overnight there wouldn't be great.

Gentleman, many thanks for the info. Reckon we will give it a go :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement