Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

going back to do my LC IN 2014 .. help?

Options
  • 01-08-2013 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I want to do the Creative Digital Media course in ITB, but i left school when i was in 5th year. Im now twenty and would like to further myself and really want to do that course in ITB, but i need my leaving.
    I'm thinking of doing English, maths, history, Art, classical studies and buisness studies. Im doing them all in ordinary except for art which i will do in higher and maths which i will do in foundation. Do i HAVE to do irish as well? im not sure if the option for irish is there or not for people going back to do there leaving? also what would be the best book for me to buy these subjects/ any predications, etc would be great help :D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,142 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Do you intend to attend a school for this or to do it yourself at home?

Have you looked at a possible FETAC route into your course?

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

I want to do the Creative Digital Media course in ITB, but i left school when i was in 5th year. Im now twenty and would like to further myself and really want to do that course in ITB, but i need my leaving.
    I'm thinking of doing English, maths, history, Art, classical studies and buisness studies. Im doing them all in ordinary except for art which i will do in higher and maths which i will do in foundation. Do i HAVE to do irish as well? im not sure if the option for irish is there or not for people going back to do there leaving? also what would be the best book for me to buy these subjects/ any predications, etc would be great help :D

You need to check the requirements for your course , it could need irish.You are different to others going back to do the leaving, a repeater may not need irish if they already passed it in their last leaving but you can go back and do irish if you need to.Did you check if you need ordinary level maths?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 giantmidgetxd

spurious wrote: »
    Do you intend to attend a school for this or to do it yourself at home?

Have you looked at a possible FETAC route into your course?

I'm doing a detachable course at the moment and because I finished my exams early they are allowing me to spend the time in there to study my LC while still getting payment

• Registered Users Posts: 4 giantmidgetxd

aimzLc2 wrote: »
    You need to check the requirements for your course , it could need irish.You are different to others going back to do the leaving, a repeater may not need irish if they already passed it in their last leaving but you can go back and do irish if you need to.Did you check if you need ordinary level maths?

The course says English OR Irish so I don't have to do it for that, but I've never done my LCD and am not sure if to have a "proper" leaving do I have to do Irish? Also I can do foundation maths once I get over a B2

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

The course says English OR Irish so I don't have to do it for that, but I've never done my LCD and am not sure if to have a "proper" leaving do I have to do Irish? Also I can do foundation maths once I get over a B2

oh well then no, english will be fine :) you do not need irish in your leaving cert. The only reason would be if you need irish for another course in the future /if you changed your mind,ok perfect.

• Advertisement
Advertisement