Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat or Duck?

Options
  • 01-08-2013 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭

Cat or Duck?

If you were to be one of these animals which would you choose?
    Cat Pros.
    If you are lucky to live in an animal loving nation and with animal lovers then you can be rest assured a comfortable lifestyle with nice soft furnishings and a wide variety of foods from milk to specially prepared meals in tins.
    All your healthcare needs should be catered for.
    If children are in the house then hours of fun to be had chasing loose ends on string or running around with a box on your head before purring yourself to sleep.
    Even when you go off for a few weeks leaving your owners worried sick placing posters on every lamppost in town as you find someone else leaving milk out for you, the welcome back is just immense.
    You can play judge, jury and executioner with so many little animals and birds and proudly offer your owners gifts of a dead rat or little baby robin.

Cat Cons
    With all that food it is bound to cause health issues in later life.
    Your health care needs may include spading or neutering causing a severe lack of confidence and possible health issues due to over eating and oversleeping.
    As you grow older and into adulthood you may have several litters of children, which could be whisked away at a moment’s notice or attacked by a jealous father.
    In the depths of winter the engine of a car may seem like a good spot to warm the bones but alas many a cat has met their master or got severely injured.

Duck Pros.
    As one of the more popular birds you can be assured of a good feed if you are lucky enough to live in a pond in or near an urban centre.
    The freedom or new age type lifestyle may appeal to most ducks, building their own houses, raising their young and see them develop into fine birds.
    You can walk, fly or swim making freedom of movement a joy.

Duck Cons.
    People like the taste of duck and the same urban pond may turn out to be a death sentence.
    Your young can be eaten.
    Basically your going around looking over your shoulder wondering if the next moving thing is going to kill you, surly such paranoid feelings are not good mentally.

So all in all I would choose a cat.

Have you any two animals that you could be?

Cat or Duck 53 votes

I would choose to be a cat.
    0%
    I would choose to be a duck.
    71%
    tony 2 toneHal1Shenshenmetaobliviadfx-keith16rannerapbuilttospillconor2469tin79RelikkGuillMiss LockhartProdigiousXxMCRxBabyxXaaronjumperSilverScreenLando GriffinSunnyislandDEFTLEFTHAND 38 votes
    I would choose Atari Jaguar.
    28%
    --Kaiser--OilBeefHooked2davetheraveGavRedKingCelly SmuntJJayoomaximooseBig Pussy BonpensieroClondalphianjupiterjackwendell bortonakuraMr WhirlyWabbit EarsTedddy 15 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

F**k cats.

I cant wait to bash one of those mother f**kers over the head with a golf club

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 328 ✭✭becost

I'd be a dog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Why can't I just be myself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Why can't I just be myself?

word up dog

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

I'd be a cat, if I could be one in our household.

Looked after, fed, played with, lots of cuddles on demand, nice garden to hang out during the day if the weather's nice...

Generally speaking, I wouldn't want to be a cat in Ireland though. I've noticed a very odd, irrational and almost pathological hatred for cats in many people here.

Other than that, I think I'd be quite happy to be a polar bear. I love cold weather, ice and snow and I'd have no problems sleeping for half a year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

A duck billed platypussy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Stud

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Duggy747 wrote: »

KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

A cat, I have one and she is spoilt rotten. I agree with the previous poster who said that there seems to be a hatred for cats in Ireland though. Its why mine isnt aloud leave the house. I've seen people do horrible cruel things to cats.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

Doesn't matter.

Either way you'll wind up on the menu in a Chinese takeaway.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Poll please.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

A duck of course, so I can find people with anatidaephobia and mess with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

I'd be a cat so I could go around at night murdering things willy nilly.
    Not that I don't do that normally

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

Peking duck...always.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Christ the Redeemer

A cat, obviously. Natures ninjas.

Ducks are natures rapists.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

I'd be a cat and use those claws on anyone or thing who got in my way. Miaowwww!

Plus I love how quick and nimble they are.

Ducks can be cute, but they're a bit boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

biko wrote: »
    Poll please.

Poll added:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

F**k cats.

A truly adequate username. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭dr strangelove

Atari Catuar.

Are we still doing this........?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Never seen a Duck lick his own Balls, so question is flawed

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

F**k cats.

They do actually mate with their mothers so at least you are accurate there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

uch wrote: »
    Never seen a Duck lick his own Balls, so question is flawed

Bill prod his cloaca you mean.

They have neither balls nor protrudable tongues.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I choose cat.
    Being able to free run without need for training.
    Also having claws you can attack or defend with.
    The ability to track and hunt. Plus if you find cat people you can have the laziest existence ever.

Ducks are tasty so no way.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Ducks are tasty so no way.

According to my grandfather, who lived through the war, cats taste like rabbit.

I decided to simply take his word for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I'd like to be a catopillar which is a cross between a cat and a caterpillar. Dunno why it's just always been a dream of mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Shenshen wrote: »
    According to my grandfather, who lived through the war, cats taste like rabbit.

I decided to simply take his word for it.

I don't doubt it (I hear most animals taste like chicken) but you are less likely to be eaten if you are a cat.
    Not impossible just unlikely. Whereas my friends and I went to the Chinese the other day and two of them got duck. No one ordered cat. This time :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭CrinkElite

When ducks sleep in a line, the one on the right keeps the left side of it's brain awake and it's right eye open.
    The one on the left does the opposite and the rest just get a good night sleep. that's pretty groovy in my opinion.

Plus, cats go to hell when they die.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

I'm allergic to cats so they can go and fcuk off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,156 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Cat, of course. Panthera Tigris Altaica. 200kg of muscle and power. I'd soon stop that barking dog across the road...

Advertisement