Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eMobile/Meteor unlocking question

Options
  • 01-08-2013 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭

I have bought a Nokia Lumia 520 from eMobile but arranged to keep my Meteor number. How does unlocking work, given that you need to have spent 130 euro in credit according to both networks, which I would have done with Meteor over the years.

Would Meteor unlock this phone after the 14 day period or would it have to be eMobile?

eMobile phones support both Meteor and their own sims.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,736 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

eMobile/Meteor are the same thing aside from branding. Both are owned by eircom, both use the same physical network and back-office support (customer care, billing etc)

If you bought it as an eMobile phone, they'll be the ones who have to unlock it (even though it'll be the same people you speak to in either case), however the phone may not even be locked at all.. have you checked? I'm with eMobile and any of the handsets I've bought through them have all been unlocked (and unbranded which is a nice plus vs O2/VF/3)

I would have thought that the €130 credit would apply AFTER you bought the phone though, not historical spend with them but I could be wrong having never owned a PAYG phone myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Xivilai

Thanks! Haven't received the phone yet but will look into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭RogerThis

Xivilai, were you able to use it on Meteor without unlocking it?

Advertisement