Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Copy dvd to hard drive free

Options
  • 01-08-2013 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

I want to copy my dvds to my hard drive. I've tried so many programs & they copy a movie in loads of different files which i find very annoying i want one to copy just the whole movie in one file, any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Those programs are ripping the DVD in a manner that will let you copy it on to a new disc and still retain all its functionality I'd imagine.

Something like MPEG Streamclip will allow you to mark an in and out and just rip the movie as one whole file.

www.squared5.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

you dont say what your operating system is?
    Assuming it's windows id go for DVDFab HD you can get a BlueRay or DVD ripper.

One problem if they're commercial videos is, copy protection. So programs may or may not work if the DVD have copy protection on them.

Handbrake is a good encoder too, if a bit complex.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭alyssum

Fionn wrote: »
    you dont say what your operating system is?
    Assuming it's windows id go for DVDFab HD you can get a BlueRay or DVD ripper.

One problem if they're commercial videos is, copy protection. So programs may or may not work if the DVD have copy protection on them.

Handbrake is a good encoder too, if a bit complex.

won't there still be several files?

in DVDFab HD theres an option to select the main movie, that'll be the largest single file.

heres two more that'll do much the same thing;

winxDVD ripper

DVD DECRYPTER

have a search through youtube, theres lots of tutorials on how to do this!

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭alyssum

Fionn wrote: »
    in DVDFab HD theres an option to select the main movie, that'll be the largest single file.

heres two more that'll do much the same thing;

winxDVD ripper

DVD DECRYPTER

have a search through youtube, theres lots of tutorials on how to do this!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD_Decrypter

beat me to it

• Advertisement

;)

Advertisement