Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indoor Climbing

Options
  • 01-08-2013 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,634 ✭✭✭✭

Hey there,
    Myself and the girlfriend are looking to get into something new,both of us a fit enough we gym it 5 days a week and are thinking about getting into some indoor climbing before eventually outdoor climbing, Just wondering where is the best place to start in Dublin and how do we go about it seen as we are totally beginners ?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Hey there,
    Myself and the girlfriend are looking to get into something new,both of us a fit enough we gym it 5 days a week and are thinking about getting into some indoor climbing before eventually outdoor climbing, Just wondering where is the best place to start in Dublin and how do we go about it seen as we are totally beginners ?

Thanks

Awesome Walls in Finglas, if you have climbed before you can just go and sign in if not you need to go with someone who will sign you in or book a session with their instructors. The instructors will take you though everything and by the end you should be competent to climb on your own. http://awesomewalls.ie/

I climb there once or twice a week with my wife and some friends. They do classes (both paid and free) during the week if you want to improve in specific areas. They have harnesses, shoes etc for rent and Great Outdoors have a shop there as well. Your better off renting the first few times before you buy anything then consider getting shoes and a chalk bag and at some stage a harness.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,407 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I also recommend Awesome Walls started climbing there in may. Dave and his crew are great, helpful and friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Demosthenes

Gravity is another climbing gym in Dublin, aimed more at bouldering. Has some really cool wall and roof features there well worth checking out!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MartinMcCarthy

Gravity is more relaxed and pleasant.
    Awesome has more routes but it's hectic in there with birthday parties and the like.
    Great to see kids doing it but sometimes some quiet climbing is needed.
    There's a wall in UCD too but that's like climbing in a wardrobe compared to the other places now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Is Gravity just bouldering wall?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 MartinMcCarthy

Yes. Just bouldering but plenty of it.

Advertisement