Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lack of customer service - Carphone warehouse

Options
  • 01-08-2013 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I put my phone in for repair (Wifi not working) with carphone warehouse on the 19th of July after being promised that I would have my phone replaced to me within tow weeks. I then called in on the 31st, to find out that the phone was not fixed because there was a chip on the screen of the phone (This was not there when the phone was handed in). This was very annoying since I had been to carphone warehouse stores twice asking about my phone, and this was the first I heard of it. I was then told that I basically had two choices:

1. Take the phone back more broken than when I gave it to be fixed. With this option, carphone warehouse would take no more responsibility with regards to the chipped screen
    2. Leave the phone with them for possibly another 28 days and hope my phone is returned fixed

Needless to say neither of these options are good enough. After being initially promised my phone back within 10 working days, I will possibly now be without a phone for another month. This is not good enough especially since the reason for the delay has got nothing to do with me. When I handed in the phone to carphone warehouse the phone was their responsibility and they should therefore give me a replacement iphone or similar while the situation is being sorted from their side.

After explaining this to the manager, my situation fell on very unsympathetic ears. He offered very little explanation and was very defensive.

I left the store feeling extremely frustrated and with no resolution.

A very disappointed customer

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Write to the store manager detailing how the handset was damaged while in their possession and how it is their responsibility to now replace the handset with a new one as you don't trust their repair process when they have already damaged your handset. Give them a few days to resolve and while waiting have your small claims forms filled out and ready to post/proceed online.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 karolinemary

I have done that already. Unfortunately I am going to America on Sunday and I need a working phone. the replacement I got won't work over there.

All i am looking for is phone which works over in American since, the reason I don't have my phone carphone warehouse's responsibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

More than likely it was the Repair Centres fault or perhaps the transit company.
    That should have been escalated.
    foggy_lad wrote: »
    Write to the store manager detailing how the handset was damaged while in their possession and how it is their responsibility to now replace the handset with a new one as you don't trust their repair process when they have already damaged your handset. Give them a few days to resolve and while waiting have your small claims forms filled out and ready to post/proceed online.

Advertisement