Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for sweetwaters near Kinvara or Corofin

Options
  • 01-08-2013 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,

I am on holiday in Kinvara and looking for waters for fishing on perch, brown trout or pike. I have heard that the loughs around Corofin would be good for pike and reasonable for perch and sometimes you could catch a brown trout, too.

But which of these loughs are free for these kinds of fishing? Or where can I find a good stocked water for a permit in this area?

By the way I am thinking about ordering a belly boat / float tube because it seemed hard to fish there from the lakeshore.

Best regards
    Jason

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Lough Inchiquin and the river Fergus in Corofin are free to fish. The Dunkellin river in Kilcolgan is free to fish and has salmon and brownies. Unfortunately I don't know of any stocked lakes around here but if you find one let me know. Have a look on fishinginireland.info.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭viper123

Blondie919 wrote: »
    Lough Inchiquin and the river Fergus in Corofin are free to fish. The Dunkellin river in Kilcolgan is free to fish and has salmon and brownies. Unfortunately I don't know of any stocked lakes around here but if you find one let me know. Have a look on fishinginireland.info.

Note there is no salmon fishing allowed on the Dunkellin...

• Registered Users Posts: 6 jcorey

Thank you for your help.
    I just went to Tierney´s tackle shop in Ennis and asked him about fishing in corofin. He said it would be Ok fishing in Lough Inshiquin and Cullaun and that it is free also the River Fergus. In short if there is no sign that it is forbidden to fish it is free.
    Bad thing is that the south of Lough Inshiquin and Lough Cullaun seems to be the only accessible points and there is always a strong wind in shore direction which makes it hard to spin for trouts, perch and pike from the shore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I was on the Dunkellin recently and the Brown trout was jumping out of the water.

I was on Inchiquin a few days ago and got 2 small perches which now swim again.
    Yesterday I crossed the Dunkelin River and saw 3 anglers there. Is it allowed to fish there with trout pastry like Power Bait?
    The sign on the bridge says nothing against it.

2013-08-07_21-46-51_537_zps5c87f469.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Geomy

I often drove over the Dunkelin river, is it good for dry fly fishing or wet ?

Where's the best spots, I catch and release so I won't be killing any fish....

Pm me if you like. ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Geomy

jcorey wrote: »
    Hi,

I am on holiday in Kinvara and looking for waters for fishing on perch, brown trout or pike. I have heard that the loughs around Corofin would be good for pike and reasonable for perch and sometimes you could catch a brown trout, too.

But which of these loughs are free for these kinds of fishing? Or where can I find a good stocked water for a permit in this area?

By the way I am thinking about ordering a belly boat / float tube because it seemed hard to fish there from the lakeshore.

Best regards
    Jason

There's fun spinning for pollock around Blackhead in North Clare it's not too far from Kinvara. ..

Does anyone know if the parking on the big carpark in the south of Lough Inchiquin is free? Would like to stay a day and fish the Lough from a boat of a friend. Is the slipway use free or is it a private one?

Advertisement