Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salmon after a flood?

Options
  • 01-08-2013 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

In general how long after a flood is the best time to go salmon and sea trout river fishing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭fisherking

Depends on the river
    But you won't go too far wrong this weekend!
    Roll on sat!

Dochealth wrote: »
    In general how long after a flood is the best time to go salmon and sea trout river fishing?

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭realrebel

fisherking wrote: »
    Depends on the river
    But you won't go too far wrong this weekend!
    Roll on sat!

Some rivers it's the next day others could be 2 or 3 days keep a eye on the level and when it's dropping head out

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭yoloc

Theres fish getting caught now on the moy and it was in flood.

caught myself a 16lber and 10lber during the dry spell on the moy to. Have been eating it every day since because theres that much of it, its greeeeeeeat. No better tasting fish than your own caught out of the river

yoloc wrote: »
    caught myself a 16lber and 10lber during the dry spell on the moy to. Have been eating it every day since because theres that much of it, its greeeeeeeat. No better tasting fish than your own caught out of the river

Was out for 90 mins today and managed 4 salmon and lost another two and all anglers had at least 1 fish some had 3 and 4 too

• Advertisement

realrebel wrote: »
    Was out for 90 mins today and managed 4 salmon and lost another two and all anglers had at least 1 fish some had 3 and 4 too

Have seen the pics on teirans site and they all look about 2-4lbers. Heard theres quite a few in so will prob get out during the week and get another few. Expecting a good run in now with that flood after that dry spell. We sure did need that drop of rain i tell ya. It also keeps the poachers away because they cant really poach in fast water, im sure they were out in force during that dry spell because they were perfect conditions for it

yoloc wrote: »
    Have seen the pics on teirans site and they all look about 2-4lbers. Heard theres quite a few in so will prob get out during the week and get another few. Expecting a good run in now with that flood after that dry spell. We sure did need that drop of rain i tell ya. It also keeps the poachers away because they cant really poach in fast water, im sure they were out in force during that dry spell because they were perfect conditions for it

I got them off the lee in cork not the moy, sorry I should have said earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭thekevin4540

I got them off the lee in cork not the moy, sorry I should have said earlier

did ya get them down the bold boy corner below the bridge there was a lash of fish cot there

did ya get them down the bold boy corner below the bridge there was a lash of fish cot there

Haha is that the stretch below the anglers haha I never heard that phrase before
    Ya that's where I got them there must have been 15 salmon hooked landed and lost while I was there

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭rubbledoubledo

Where is that spot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

Dochealth wrote: »

i was told once that it was once it starts getting darker ye know the sediments start going out of the flow but there is still a fair amount of water there.

Where is that spot

If its the same spot Kevin is talking about its the stretch below the anglers rest pub

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭rubbledoubledo

Would that be around the back of the hotel that was closed due to flood damage. Cannot think of its name at the minute.

Would that be around the back of the hotel that was closed due to flood damage. Cannot think of its name at the minute.

That's the weir it's free fishing there I don't know if it's still single barbless hooks on the spinners
    The spot I'm talking about is further up river

Haha is that the stretch below the anglers haha I never heard that phrase before
    Ya that's where I got them there must have been 15 salmon hooked landed and lost while I was there

ya it is i no most of the peaple that fishis the lee and nearly everyone that fishes around that part id have to no ya id say if u want send me a pm of ur name if u dont want to i dont mind but id have to no ya id say

ya it is i no most of the peaple that fishis the lee and nearly everyone that fishes around that part id have to no ya id say if u want send me a pm of ur name if u dont want to i dont mind but id have to no ya id say

I probably know u alright but it's my first year in the lee salmon anglers so I might not have met u yet

I probably know u alright but it's my first year in the lee salmon anglers so I might not have met u yet

there is a good few after getting in this year you will be stuck down that bold corner for about 2 years maybe more its a balls of a thing do u shrimp the bridge atall

there is a good few after getting in this year you will be stuck down that bold corner for about 2 years maybe more its a balls of a thing do u shrimp the bridge atall

Na never tried the shrimp yet but will do alright they get loads off the bridge I'm told
    Ya I say there was 20 let into the club this year l

Advertisement