Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod ignoring comunity requests (motorbikes section)

Options
  • 31-07-2013 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭

i will make it easy and i will say what i have on my heart. i hope you people dont mind.

talking about motorbikes section here on boards...
    perfect friendly atmosphere there, no hassle at all untill ...

i never ever had any issue with anybody but one thing i dont like is when someone has a wrong attitude and is ignoring friendly requests. talking about moderator of yours. i have seen his performance before but i am not in position to judge his skills, so i never complained or moaned before. again untill now, when he touched my balls. i followedd your guide and i have tried to contact him through pm. he ignored my PM and despite being online he didnt even bothered to respond at all. he even deleted few posts of mine and a whole thread went down the road, only because it was going different way then he wanted. using general rules that he apply only to section he doesnt like or where members that he dislike are sharing opinions.

deleting topics - where we are only discusing possible options without any naming or shaming is not right. i have no problems to follow rules, but i cant stand if someone is showing "off his power" and its not fair at all.

now blaim me for saying what i think is right.

ups did i forgot to mention his name? its Mr P.C. himself.
    Ed

edit: i have nothing against him i just think that someone who represent boards.ie as moderator should have performed little better and should have the right attitude against all members, not only the ones he like or dislike. (excuse my english skills i am trying my best here)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,187 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved from DRP since this isn't DRP related.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,452 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Hi Bikerguy,

I'm looking into this for you now. One thing I would like to point out straight away though is that moderators do not have to change things just because the community requests it, particularly if they feel that such a change would go against the general rules of the site and potentially lead to legal trouble for Boards.ie. Part of the job of being a moderator is to help prevent any legal trouble and to remove any posts or threads which may lead to such.

Other than that, myself and the other moderators and Category Moderators are taking a look over and discussing the recent trouble on the forum and will reply in due course.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

Thank you for your time.

Penn wrote: »
    Hi Bikerguy,

I'm looking into this for you now. One thing I would like to point out straight away though is that moderators do not have to change things just because the community requests it, particularly if they feel that such a change would go against the general rules of the site and potentially lead to legal trouble for Boards.ie. Part of the job of being a moderator is to help prevent any legal trouble and to remove any posts or threads which may lead to such.

Other than that, myself and the other moderators and Category Moderators are taking a look over and discussing the recent trouble on the forum and will reply in due course.

Thanks.

i can respect the autority and i have no problems to follow up, but this is little way over. We are very nice comunity of people in motorbike section that is being let down by the performance of single moderator and this is not the first time that his hand is raised against us without reason.

Thank you for respond and your time. I will of course respect your decision in this matter but i am also 100% positive that deeper look will only help you find out the reall issue here. Its just his personal issues against some members of boards.ie

once again thank you

Ed

I just wanna add that this is not an one time issue and i am also not requesting to restore or modify the threads. I am requesting only inspection of this matter. Even closer look will reviel the truth about personal backround that is following your moderator in order to "keep the forum running" using an excuse of being moderator and forcing comunity to suffer.

I will respect and follow your decision, i never had troubles to do so. But you guys have to understand that using the power on inocent friendly people who are actualy creating something here is not right.
    Thank you for your understanding

Best regards

ed

• Advertisement

Okay Bikerguy,

I've reviewed all the threads concerning this issue, as well as all the deleted posts.

I fully agree with the actions taken by both P.C. and Zascar in deleting those posts and locking threads. People badmouthing companies on Boards leads to the possibility of legal action being taken against Boards. While the threads obviously started out as a way to get recommendations on good garages/mechanics, people began badmouthing some of the names suggested and offering little-to-no substantial reason why. This is where the possibility of legal threats come in, and why posts had to be deleted. Such comments include (names redacted)

"Stay away from [redacted] had a terrible experience there."
    "[redacted] are a fookin joke tbh"

These types of posts lead to trouble, and as such it's the responsibility of the mods to help protect the site from possible legal action by deleting the posts.

What followed after the deletion of the posts was several posters, yourself included, arguing with a moderator's actions on-thread, something which is against general Boards rules. Bar deleting the posts, the mods took no action against any posters for this (with the exception of one poster who got a warning for resorting to personal abuse against a moderator). As such, the mods have been quite lenient in this regard.

The overall site rules, particularly when it comes to potentially legal issues, have to come before the needs of any individual forum or community, otherwise there wouldn't be a site for the forum to be on. The posters of the Motorbikes forum showed a blatant disregard for the rules by continuing to badmouth a company after the moderator had said to stop.
    Bikerguy wrote:
    We are very nice comunity of people in motorbike section that is being let down by the performance of single moderator and this is not the first time that his hand is raised against us without reason.
    Bikerguy wrote:
    But you guys have to understand that using the power on inocent friendly people who are actualy creating something here is not right.

The moderator had ample reason to take the actions he did and would have been negligent in his duties as a moderator if he hadn't done so. Again, the needs of the site has to come before the needs of the Motorbikes forum. The community you guys have built on the forum or the good nature of the majority of the posters doesn't enter into it.

I find no issues with the actions of the moderators in this regard. You may ask that an Admin reviews this situation to see if they think differently.

Regards,
    Penn

This is not one time issue. But a permenanent stand up that came way behind.

I understand that you have to cover up your mods, but honestly i am reallly telling you this is a huge step back for motorbike section.

Actualy i cant take this anymore. Feel free to ban me as p.c. did already to other members various times before, not once and not only now, members that are actualy driving the motorbikes IRL and helping there. Not only sitting behind the screen and showing off once upon the time with no good reason but to delete, ban or punish. I understand its a oart of their job but i cant take it as i said.

Its like teacher teaching spanish and correcting grama without knowing how to say one single word en espanol. Just an example.

i do not understand why did you not release the contributions/posts of other members who posted in this topic with intention to support this matter.

But ok. As i said i can read between the lines. I wish you all the best

Ed

Bikerguy,

As per my previous post and my recent PM to you on this issue, the rules of the site must come first, and all the mods were doing were enforcing them as they were asked to do.

Please indicate whether you wish to request for an admin to review this situation, or allow this thread to be marked as resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement