Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Croke park tickets

Options
  • 31-07-2013 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭

Will tickets be on sale at croker, for the games on saturday, I have a few relations coming home from England and might head straight from the airport.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I would say you should be ok, see this from the GAA site;
    The GAA Ticket Shop at 53A Dorset St is open during the GAA championship season.

Other ticket locations are open around Croke Park on match days:

GAA Ticket Shop Dorset Street - Located on 53A Lower Dorset Street
    GAA Ticket Shop on NCR - Located opposite Gill's Pub at the Junction of North Circular Road and Jones Road
    GAA Ticket Outlet Ballybough - Located at the end of Clonliffe Road at junction with Ballybough Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Cheers Yop, should be two great games saturday.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

macadam wrote: »
    Cheers Yop, should be two great games saturday.

Nah, better games Sunday :D

Enjoy them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

You should get tickets. Bring them on Saturday. There will be two good matches and the atmosphere will be great. If they enjoy it, then bring them again on Sunday. They may even come back for the semi-finals! :)

Flukey wrote: »
    You should get tickets. Bring them on Saturday. There will be two good matches and the atmosphere will be great. If they enjoy it, then bring them again on Sunday. They may even come back for the semi-finals! :)

You know and I know that Saturday, is just the curtain raiser for Sunday. Its like letting the kids out in the garden for a kick about before the adults play :D

• Advertisement

yop wrote: »
    You know and I know that Saturday, is just the curtain raiser for Sunday. Its like letting the kids out in the garden for a kick about before the adults play :D

Maybe, but those kids will show the adults a few tricks and it may even get to the point where there are no adults in the final. :D

Maybe, but those kids will show the adults a few tricks and it may even get to the point where there are no adults in the final. :D

Adults always make the finals. Kids for chips, daddies for AI finals! :D

Yop wrote:
    Adults always make the finals. Kids for chips, daddies for AI finals!

Don't forget that 3 of Saturday's kids have won the All-Ireland in the last 5 years. Only 2 of Sunday's adults have. One of the adults lost to two of the kids in those finals, even if they beat one of them. Some of the adults have had some good days out against the kids in recent years, but the kids are pretty good. So all in all, I still think the kids are in with a good chance come September. :)

Don't forget that 3 of Saturday's kids have won the All-Ireland in the last 5 years. Only 2 of Sunday's adults have. One of the adults lost to two of the kids in those finals, even if they beat one of them. Some of the adults have had some good days out against the kids in recent years, but the kids are pretty good. So all in all, I still think the kids are in with a good chance come September. :)

Its too late for my brain to ever figure it out so I give up. I know I have 2 kids who will be up at 7am! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭oneillMan999

im surprised Saturdays matches weren't on a Sunday cause Saturday is by far the better days football.

• Advertisement

im surprised Saturdays matches weren't on a Sunday cause Saturday is by far the better days football.

Nah, a repeat of last years AI final is always going to be better ;)

As any seasoned GAA fan knows, it is not always the big game of the day that is the best game of the day. So we don't know which of the four games will be the best of them. Most will expect the Kingdom to overcome the Breffni men, but the other 3 games could go either way. The Dubs should beat the Rebels, but you just don't know which Rebel team will show up. If it is a good one, anything could happen. The O'Neill county have too much experience and cuteness on their side, and should beat the Farney men. As for the last game of the weekend, revenge for last year's final and the fact that they are on a mission could see the other Jimmy winning that one. Still, anything could happen across the weekend. We shall see. A weekend to look forward to.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Game of the weekend is obviously Mayo -Donegal, it's like a grudge match, and all the shíte in the media has created an even better back drop to the action.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

THFC wrote: »
    Game of the weekend is obviously Mayo -Donegal, it's like a grudge match, and all the shíte in the media has created an even better back drop to the action.

Wonderbra match .. will turn out to be a complete letdown ;)

As any seasoned GAA fan knows, it is not always the big game of the day that is the best game of the day. So we don't know which of the four games will be the best of them. Most will expect the Kingdom to overcome the Breffni men, but the other 3 games could go either way. The Dubs should beat the Rebels, but you just don't know which Rebel team will show up. If it is a good one, anything could happen. The O'Neill county have too much experience and cuteness on their side, and should beat the Farney men. As for the last game of the weekend, revenge for last year's final and the fact that they are on a mission could see the other Jimmy winning that one. Still, anything could happen across the weekend. We shall see. A weekend to look forward to.

Jimmy will win it, without a doubt.

I think the Dubs will turn Cork over quite easily, though the Dubs backline is going to be under a lot of pressure.
    Kerry will canter past Cavan. Monaghan to take Tyrone by 4 points with the Monaghan lads eliminating Cavanagh.

Anyone want the euro millions numbers too? :D

DoctaDee wrote: »
    Wonderbra match .. will turn out to be a complete letdown ;)
    Aye, more than likely. I can see it being a bit like KK vs Tipp last year, not in terms of the scoreline, but just unnecessary off the ball stuff. Should still be a great spectacle though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Aye, more than likely. I can see it being a bit like KK vs Tipp last year, not in terms of the scoreline, but just unnecessary off the ball stuff. Should still be a great spectacle though.

Yeah exactly ... depends again how you like yer football - ref unfortunately has a big part to play

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Got tickets for all last night so you can close this now YOP if you wish, before some starts singing "Jimmy's winning matches. Jimmy's winning games, Jimmy's bringing fook all back to Donegal again".

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Palx

will tickets for Dublin v Kerry be on general sale ?
    anybody know when ?

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭InchicoreDude

Palx wrote: »
    will tickets for Dublin v Kerry be on general sale ?
    anybody know when ?

thanks

They are on tickets.ie now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

and you can get a dual ticket for both the hurling & football for 65euro.

not too bad a price for two good games.

K

• Registered Users Posts: 7,854 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

karltimber wrote: »
    and you can get a dual ticket for both the hurling & football for 65euro.

not too bad a price for two good games.

K
    translation:
    for DUBLIN FANS.....
    you can see your county in both semi finals for a special price.

Its not a mix and match package.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

and cork fans too.

to see the hurling and then cheer on Dublin against their rivals Kerry
    NO ????

:D
    translation:
    for DUBLIN FANS.....
    you can see your county in both semi finals for a special price.

Its not a mix and match package.

Quick question for the regular goers, a group of us are going to the semi final on the 1st as its the day before college, all of us bar 3 got Hill tickets, they could only get Nally tickets, I think the only remaining Hill tickets are available through clubs. Anyway, is it possible to get in to the Hill using the Nally tickets??

I've been in the Cusack pretty much all this year but I always enter through the Davin beside Gill's Pub as it suits me better and have never had a problem, they don't even seem to read the tickets. I was just thinking that all tickets would probably be scanned through on all turn-stiles, regardless of where they're actually for. Could anyone confirm, or indeed invalidate theory of mine?? I know if they go in early they could just hop the rail and get into the Hill that way, but I'm thinking the stewards may not allow that as the Hill is already sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭The Maverick

Quick question for the regular goers, a group of us are going to the semi final on the 1st as its the day before college, all of us bar 3 got Hill tickets, they could only get Nally tickets, I think the only remaining Hill tickets are available through clubs. Anyway, is it possible to get in to the Hill using the Nally tickets??

I've been in the Cusack pretty much all this year but I always enter through the Davin beside Gill's Pub as it suits me better and have never had a problem, they don't even seem to read the tickets. I was just thinking that all tickets would probably be scanned through on all turn-stiles, regardless of where they're actually for. Could anyone confirm, or indeed invalidate theory of mine?? I know if they go in early they could just hop the rail and get into the Hill that way, but I'm thinking the stewards may not allow that as the Hill is already sold out.

No, the Nally tickets won't be able to scan through on the Hill 16 scanners. I think, could be wrong on this now, that the Davin does let you scan in either a Cusack or Hogan ticket.

No, the Nally tickets won't be able to scan through on the Hill 16 scanners. I think, could be wrong on this now, that the Davin does let you scan in either a Cusack or Hogan ticket.
    Davin definitely lets you scan a Cusack tickets. Went to both QF days with a Cusack ticket and entered through the Davin, same as with League SFs and Final and other games throughout the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭The Maverick

Davin definitely lets you scan a Cusack tickets. Went to both QF days with a Cusack ticket and entered through the Davin, same as with League SFs and Final and other games throughout the year.

That's what I thought, good to have it confirmed though. Still, Nally tickets won't scan onto the Hill. If they did, you'd have a lot of people crowding onto the Hill. Health and safety etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Could anyone confirm, or indeed invalidate theory of mine?? I know if they go in early they could just hop the rail and get into the Hill that way, but I'm thinking the stewards may not allow that as the Hill is already sold out.

I've seen people doing that in poorly attended league & early season champo games, where the Hill is not sold out. The stewards didn't seem to be all that bothered about stopping people from hopping over the fence. But on a day when the Hill is jam packed, they'll be very vigilant about that kind of thing & they'll have Guards there for back up too. It's a total pain, as most people with Nally tickets would probably prefer to be on the Hill, but if they let everyone cross over, it would be bedlam.

Advertisement