Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nurney Lakes?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 not1ie

I was fishing the fly lake in Nurney on Saturday morning/afternoon. 4 hours was €15.
    Caught 3 rainbows in the 4-5lb range and hook a much bigger fish but it broke the hook.
    I was fishing a #6 floating line with all sorts of flies and all seemed to get attention. But the hook ups were mainly on darker patterns. They told me that there is better fishing in the evenings but I didn't see anything wrong with the quality of fish or the facilities even if I was there at not the optimum time.
    I will be back soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thefisherbuy

Hi anynews I'm thinking of there, I couldn't go to Caven so, This is my last option, Any tips/tactics Etc
    thanks mill

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭weatherbyfoxer

Curragh springs is a much nicer rainbow fishery just down the road from nurney lakes...way more room around it,good chance of hooking a 10lb+ fish in a days fishing.It has proper platforms for casting off with lots of natural features

I found nurney lake is just a big hole in an emptyed quarry with very limited bank space on the fly lake.Three quaters of the lake is surrounded by limestone rock cliffs.The main thing that puts me off is your back cast is going right over kids heads on the bait lake beside the fly lake...can see that causing a messy situation to be honest!

Thats my opinion on it,not my cup of tea but others might like it

Advertisement