Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reduced pressure on showers/taps

Options
  • 31-07-2013 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

I have a bored well with submersible pump. I have a closed heating system. Lately the pressure has dropped significantly on taps and showers . I have mira element mixer showers.i believe that it is the submersible that is driving the showers... What could be problem. It was fine all along.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

Moggaman wrote: »
    I have a bored well with submersible pump. I have a closed heating system. Lately the pressure has dropped significantly on taps and showers . I have mira element mixer showers.i believe that it is the submersible that is driving the showers... What could be problem. It was fine all along.

Filter on your pump could be blocked. Might also be a big leak on the pipe work but unlikely

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Moggaman

My prefilter was all clogged. See pic but the pressure on the hot line still seems low.??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

My prefilter was all clogged. See pic but the pressure on the hot line still seems low.??

OMG
    The well should have a metal liner at the top to stop clay/soil getting in to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Moggaman

I have a well cap and manhole. All that stuff came up from below

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

I have a well cap and manhole. All that stuff came up from below

Something is wrong and there shouldn't be so fullof crap. If possible lift the pump back up 2' . It might be at the very bottom of the well and sucking up the silt and also churning it up at the same time. Ask your well installer for advice as this is there field.

• Advertisement
Advertisement