Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dental bonding

Options
  • 31-07-2013 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have two small lateral incisors and am considering dental bonding to fix this problem. I have recently gone to an expensive dental clinic in dublin and they gave me a very very expensive price, and I did not feel happy with this place as they were telling me to get veneers, braces etc. I recently got a small chip bonded during a check up for free at my regular dentists so I could not understand how this other place could charge me so much for 2 teeth! Anyway, Does anyone have any experience with a dental clinic in dublin/Kildare that does affordable dental bonding? Specifically later incisors?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Bonding can work if there is space to bond up a normal shaped tooth, if there is no space you either accept the compromise or get braces, bonding tends to degenerate pretty quickly and pick up stain,a composite veneer( componeer, edelweiss veneer) or e superior ceramic veneer are the best options,one term and from an aesthetic point of view.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭CapriSunFun

Thanks for your reply.
    There's definitely space to bond, because the dentist put some bonding on my tooth to show me what it would look like, he then picked it off. I just don't want to spend an obscene amount of money for two teeth when another dentist bonded a chip for free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Well I dont know your clinical situation, but generally veneers are a much better option but much more expensive. At the end of the day you either can afford/are willing to pay that or not. Bonding up an entire lateral is much more of a job than a little chip, but sure head back to the dentist that does free stuff and see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I had to get bonding to fix a chip on one tooth. Cost me €80 from my general dentist, great result too! Don't think it was difficult or anything.

He did say I'll need to get a veneer eventually, though. So if you can afford veneers then I'd say get them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lpdentalandcosmetic

Yes, this is a good post without any doubts.

• Advertisement
Advertisement