Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fake updater in bottom RH screen corner.

Options
  • 31-07-2013 7:57pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭

Just removed the Garda virus using Malwarebytes but noticed another concern which is a fake updater on bottom of screen.

The updater said it was Adobe, then later Audacity.

Anyway to cut a long story short, on right clicking a file I was being given an option of How to open this file.

I'm assuming that this is linked to the virus, I may be wrong but it seems like a huge coincidence and i don't remember downloading anything like it. The program is called file. org.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Did you do an update on MBAM and then scan ?

21/25

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

uch wrote: »
    Did you do an update on MBAM and then scan ?

Yes. MBAM found I think 6 infections, but i didn't record the names, just quickly deleted them.

Did another full scan just to be sure and everything is ok.

MSE didnt protect against the Garda virus though, and I'd be very wary of file. org.

May be of some use to others :)

Advertisement