Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I employed?

Options
  • 31-07-2013 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I am in employment limbo with a previous employer. I haven't left the job officially, but asked for my P45 once or twice, as I haven't been rostered any shifts. I am available for work, just not being rostered. So, what do I do? Does it matter that I'm in employment limbo? Should I officially leave? I was working casually for a while, and filling in casual docket forms to be paid for the days I didn't work, but then recently was put back on a jsa claim.

I did some other work recently which I declared, and may be working casually in the coming weeks. Would not having the P45 from the previous employer cause my new employer to emergency tax me? has this system all changed recently?

Another question is, recently an agency which was offering me work, refused to sign the up16 form. Have others had experience of this, and if so, what happened?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

I am in employment limbo with a previous employer. I haven't left the job officially, but asked for my P45 once or twice, as I haven't been rostered any shifts. I am available for work, just not being rostered. So, what do I do? Does it matter that I'm in employment limbo? Should I officially leave? I was working casually for a while, and filling in casual docket forms to be paid for the days I didn't work, but then recently was put back on a jsa claim.

I did some other work recently which I declared, and may be working casually in the coming weeks. Would not having the P45 from the previous employer cause my new employer to emergency tax me? has this system all changed recently?

Another question is, recently an agency which was offering me work, refused to sign the up16 form. Have others had experience of this, and if so, what happened?

officially leaving your job to get your P45 you should hand in your notice and youll be issued that in your last paycheck

Advertisement