Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin T2 Times from check in to gate

Options
  • 31-07-2013 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi

I am flying from T2 Wednesday Morning at 6am (nairobi via amsterdam) with Aer Lingus as carrier (ticket = KLM). Problem is bus only gets in at 4.45am, if I've checked in online and only have to do the bag drop and I still pushing it?

Bus in at 4.45am
    Check in closes 5.15am
    Be at gate by 5.30am

Advice gratefully appreciated, the other alternative is to arrive by 22.30 but am less keen now that I realise there's little open.

Be kind, am new

Cheers, Roisin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭veetwin

I would say you're pushing it awfully tight. 4-6am is about the busiest time of the day at the airport as regards check-in. If the bus runs 10 minutes late you have a problem. Even the bag drop is very busy though they might let you use the closing flights desk. Security however generally won't fast track you.

If it was me I'd get a bus the evening before, drop off your bag and check in at an airport hotel who will shuttle you to and from the airport in good time for your flight. You will be travelling with a nights sleep behind you and arrive in Nairobi a lot fresher and less stressed out at a cost of maybe €60.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,834 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

veetwin wrote: »
    <snip>

If it was me I'd get a bus the evening before, drop off your bag and check in at an airport hotel who will shuttle you to and from the airport in good time for your flight. You will be travelling with a nights sleep behind you and arrive in Nairobi a lot fresher and less stressed out at a cost of maybe €60.
    €60 for a hotel will be many many 100s cheaper than missing the flight and having to rebook!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

You can check your bags in the night before.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ciderwithrosie

Cheers - needed the reinforcement - plus the stress would have put me over the edge!

Looking at Radisson for €80 as they do the takeaway breakfast and free transfer. Problem is I'll have to get a much earlier bus to catch the 8pm check in deadline at airport. However I can check in at the radisson ref: aerlingus but will that suffice for amsterdam connection? I reckon sleep will be alluding me so it'd be nice to get as much as possible...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Weather right now and forecast for tonight and tomorrow is pretty dire. You have no leeway for delays in that timescale. I'm with the others, book an airport hotel and relax.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

That's pretty cool Fred and only €4.95... doesn't open to 5am though. If I get 4.30am transfer from hotel, get checked in, would give me plenty of time to get through?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭anne burnell

airport genie is worth its weight in gold.... especially at that time of the morning ... only E4.95 and free coffee....

Cheers Anne - I just wait until 5am then swan on through? No gate is more than 15 mins away surely (its aer lingus for KLM)?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Once you get through security any gate in Terminal 2 can be reached within 10 minutes. Be at the gate at least half an hour before departure time.

Your flight (EI602) will be on an Aer Lingus aircraft to Amsterdam.

Thanks Everyone

Airport Genie was great - opens earlier than advertised at 4am. Was the only smooth part of my journey as it turned out my destination airport was burning down at time of boarding!

Advertisement