Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freestyle hurling competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 BertMark

kala85 wrote: »
    See the gaa have launched a new freestyle hurling competition.Win tickets to the All Ireland and a trip to the All Stars tour in Asia...

http://www.gaa.ie/gaa-news-and-videos/freestyle-hurling/

Good initiative. I've never understood why more of this aspect of hurling wasn't played up. I now the U21 championship a few years back had something similar but always felt the GAA were missing a trick not selling the silky skills and close control angle of the game in this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭davegrohl48

BertMark wrote: »
    Good initiative. I've never understood why more of this aspect of hurling wasn't played up. I now the U21 championship a few years back had something similar but always felt the GAA were missing a trick not selling the silky skills and close control angle of the game in this way.
    Anyone on here able to kill the ball coming from one direction and without taking ball in hand strike it onwards again Kilkenny used to warm up like that with one player in the middle of the pitch and one on each sideline Accuracy and coordination pretty incredible Especially the kill part Must take some touch to leave the ball ready to strike

Advertisement