Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Less obvious London activities

Options
  • 31-07-2013 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Heading to London this weekend for 4 days, mainly for a concert in the O2 arena on Saturday, but decided to make a weekend out of it and stay with the brother for a couple of days. I've been over a few times in the last couple of years so have pretty much done most of the obvious things, namely:
    • See a westend show
    • Comedy store
    • Maddame Tusauds, London eye, aquarium
    • Museums (british, music, art, science, tate modern, natual hist, V&A)
    • Thorpe Park
    • Bus tour, boat trip
    • Walked around Greenwich
    • IMAX cinema
    • Tower of London
    • Walking tours
    • Camden Market
    • Chill out in hyde park
    • Climbed the millenium dome

That's more or less what I've done, is there anything I'm missing out on that's worth doing or anything less obvious?

I'll probably see a show with the brother and maybe check out 1 or 2 of the museums again that I only got the skim through before but any extra ideas are always appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭ClashCityRocker

http://www.visitlondon.com/things-to-do/whats-on/sport/prudential-ridelondon/prudential-ridelondon-event-week?ref=carouselThere's a big cycling event on in London this weekend if that holds any interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Head over to East London and see Spitalfields market and Brick Lane, walk along the canals to Broadway Market and the likes in London Fields (minutes from Hackney Central)?

I've gone to a Cabaret and Burlseque show with dinner, great craic and very different!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Thanks for the suggestions! Not big into cycling myself but will look into the other suggestions. Any more ideas from anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

Cable car from Greenwich to Docklands is good on a clear day, use your oyster card and it's really inexpensive!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Cable car from Greenwich to Docklands is good on a clear day, use your oyster card and it's really inexpensive!

Cheers, I was thinking about doing that actually since I'm heading to the O2 arena on Saturday anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

A bit late for your trip OP but worth keeping the list going for others. Just a few off the top of my head.
    • Walk over the roof of the O2
    • Visit Davenports Magic Shop in the Charing Cross Underground Arcade and see some demos of tricks
    • Visit some pubs with a good beer selection and sample as many as you can!
    • Visit the Royal Observatory in Greenwich and see a star show in the planetarium

• Registered Users Posts: 3,895 ✭✭✭Terrontress

Go to Tower 42 and have a drink at the top. It's about £35 for a bottle of wine but that will do 4 people. By comparison the Shard costs £30 if you don't prebook and you don't get wine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

If you use gmail, add "Google Local London" to your Google+ feed and have a browse of it. It sometimes has interesting suggestions for things to do or places to eat.

Advertisement