Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

clearing hard drive

Options
  • 31-07-2013 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

i have a old acer aspire 5050. about a week ago i turned it on and it went to windows startup repair, after trying to fix the problem it said there was a damaged file and it could not be fixed. i am now stuck at this point and cant get by it. is there any way of wiping the hard drive without getting by the startup repair i dont mind losing any data on the hard drive. i have no windows repair cd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

Does the harddrive have a partition? If so, you could try doing a re-instal from that partition.

Re-formatting and re-installing is easier with a disk. Any chance you could borrow one from someone?
    If it has a partition, you could try formatting the main C part. (Either directly on your PC or true another PC. ) And then see if you can do anything from the partition.

You might find it easier to go to a local tech shop. They'll have disks and you should be able to haggle the price with them.

Advertisement