Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

laptop doesn't pick up a network signal

Options
  • 31-07-2013 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

Really need help with this. Fairly sure the network adapter drivers are messed up .looked in device manager and the adapter has a yellow exclamation mark and stating a code 39 error. Is there any way to sort this out myself . Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

do you a driver disk?

if not, Try searching the laptop brand. Go to their official site. And look for "Help/Support" --> Drivers/software . Or if there's anywhere that you can add the model number of your laptop.

You should be able to find your network drivers there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

It's a Sony vaio . I can access the internet though because of this .

ok, and the model number?

You'll have to find the drivers on another PC, download them there, than transfer with disk or usb.

ok, and the model number?

You'll have to find the drivers on another PC, download them there, than transfer with disk or usb.

Its sve151e11m. Thanks for the info

alright the driver should be here somewhere http://www.sony.ie/support/en/hub/NOTEBOOK#SVE

Are you sure that model number is correct?
    What is the exact model name of your sony?

Just find the match on the page above. It should give you the drivers you need. They'll be in downlads once you're in to the correct laptop.

• Advertisement

ok found a internet cafe here in the city,found the driver and have downloaded it to my external hdd, whats the procedure to get it into my laptop.

tonydude wrote: »
    ok found a internet cafe here in the city,found the driver and have downloaded it to my external hdd, whats the procedure to get it into my laptop.

I've installed it but it's still the same any ideas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Plug your laptop into your modem using the ethernet cable that came with your broadband.

Go into song download the package that will scan your computer for devices and you should be ale to download the right one you must have downloaded the wrong driver

Cork24 wrote: »
    Plug your laptop into your modem using the ethernet cable that came with your broadband.

Go into song download the package that will scan your computer for devices and you should be ale to download the right one you must have downloaded the wrong driver
    I downloaded the right one name and numbers match that of the one in the laptop . The laptop doesn't pick up any sort of network that's the problem .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

tonydude wrote: »
    I downloaded the right one name and numbers match that of the one in the laptop . The laptop doesn't pick up any sort of network that's the problem .

Since when did you get the problem how old is the laptop uninstall the drivers and reinstall the drivers are you sure you downloaded the right ones

Go into device manager right click on the driver and get the driverre ID and do a google sreach o. That driver

• Advertisement

try contacting sony support?

Are you absolutely certain you downloaded and transferred the correct drivers? (it can be easy to mix up...) Double check..try downloading again. Make sure you've downloaded all the drivers needed. Sometimes it's just one, sometimes it's 3 or 4.

Try installing the driver through device manager, after you've passed it over. (Should be able to choose update driver, search computer..and pick it yourself..)
    Sometimes, updating the bios can help, maybe check that out too.

There's another thing, the wireless card could be gone.
    Wireless usb adapters aren't expensive and worth picking one up. They're about 20-30 quid approx.

Good Luck

Took it into Sony centre and it guy told me it's a software problem. He told me to back up any data and to do a recovery with the assist button . Did it last night and I'm back online thanks for the help guys

Advertisement