Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Races Accommodation

Options
  • 31-07-2013 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi. I know we are very late booking accommodation but we only realised now that we can make it. We are going down on Friday so hoping to stay Friday night. There is a group of 6 of us. Anyone know of anywhere cheap or if it is possible to book a room for 4 and sneak two people in? Are hotels etc very strict during race week? :):)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,417 ✭✭✭✭cson

kiwi2 wrote: »
    Hi. I know we are very late booking accommodation but we only realised now that we can make it. We are going down on Friday so hoping to stay Friday night. There is a group of 6 of us. Anyone know of anywhere cheap or if it is possible to book a room for 4 and sneak two people in? Are hotels etc very strict during race week? :):)

Without putting too fine a point on it; you're fairly ****ed.

Cheap = not going to happen

Sneaking in extras = Hotels are well versed in this so unlikely but not impossible

http://www.hostelworld.com/search?search_keywords=Galway%2C+Ireland&country=Ireland&city=Galway&date_from=2013-08-02&date_to=2013-08-03

Pay €60 each for a couple of rooms in the Travelodge or split up and go into different hostels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭restingpilgrim

kiwi2 wrote: »

Full Tilt poker festival are looking to let some of the rooms they booked in the Harbour Hotel The G and the Meyrick they say they are doing them at a discounted rate you might be lucky. Might be worth contacting them to see what they want. I will PM you a phone number for contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 susieq123

Hi there, does anyone want to avail of a triple room for Friday night in Western Hotel in Galway. €300 including breakfast? Tried to cancel it too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Sirtoyou

Full Tilt poker festival are looking to let some of the rooms they booked in the Harbour Hotel The G and the Meyrick they say they are doing them at a discounted rate you might be lucky. Might be worth contacting them to see what they want. I will PM you a phone number for contact.

@fintangavin on twitter advertising 5* for €169.

Advertisement