Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mystery Shell??

Options
  • 31-07-2013 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Found this im my garden a few years ago when digging. Wondering what it is??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fries-With-That

Rashtiner wrote: »
    Found this im my garden a few years ago when digging. Wondering what it is??

Nice try, but people aren't stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Rashtiner

Eh was hoping to get an educated answer on this.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

And so you should.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

Crustacea are not my thing. Even so, it's not a shell I recognize. Could it have been collected by someone outside Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fries-With-That

Please accept my most gracious apologies.

I looked at the picture.

I then looked at your post count and saw that it was your first time posting on boards.

In my perplexity and confusion at the simplicity of picture I thought you were trolling.

What you have is the head of a statue/ornament, where the face has been chipped away.

The portion that appears shell like is the depiction of hair on the back of the head.

Judging from the picture and not being in a position to examine the piece closely, it appears to be made of resin, and (pure speculation)I would imagine it is from a low budget nativity set, this being the head of Joseph.

http://www.catholicsupply.com/christmas/53317_small.jpg

Apologies again if I have offended.

Regards,

Fries.

• Advertisement

Fair play Fries-With-That :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Coles

Very impressive (if true!).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

Nicely spotted Fries-with-that. All I could see was the space jockey from Alien so clearly I was completely useless!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Defo looks like the head of hair you would see on Joseph on the nativity fair play fries!!!! :p

Advertisement