Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Searching for biological father

Options
  • 30-07-2013 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi guys.

Firstly in 2003 I met my birth mother and we're still friends to this day. My family love her and her husband and kids. Just thought I'd share that but it's not what I'm here.

I have a friend, who, fmailiar with my situation came to me with her story. She is an adult, and has never known her biological father. Her mother and her family, refuse to tell her who he is now that she has shown interest in knowing about him.

I don't know the reasons behind this but what I want to know is: Does she have any legal leg to stand on here. She feels her family are acting out of spite by keeping his identity secret all these years. Is there anything she can do to find out who he is? No name on the birth cert. She's not adopted, just her mother refuses to name him or tell her anything about him.

Is there any way her family can be forced, legally, to tell her who he is. Surely she has a legal right to know?

Any help, please. Or anyone with a similar situation.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Donna75

I'm in the same situation, I recently got a name, or "names" that I'm trying to follow up. Not getting anywhere. If his name is not on his/her birth cert there is not alot she can do. Plus my birth cert was changed nearly four years after I was born. Very tough when people don't tell the truth or stand in the way. Best of luck X

Advertisement