Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cisco ICND2 Training

Options
  • 30-07-2013 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭

Hi folks

I failed ICND2 a few months back and want to repeat the exam

I've since had a baby and no longer have the time to study in the evenings

I need to convince work to send me on a course but keep costs down

Cheapest I have found is 1995 Euro

I'm not far off exam but just can't study at home anymore

Any recommendations on what to do?

Does anywhere do a custom course? Therefore shorter and cheaper?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭neonman

You will need to do it asap as the CCNA exam track is changing in Sept.

If you're not far off getting a pass in the exam, could you study during your lunch break in work? Or come into work an hour earlier or stay back for an hour?

Do plenty of labs use packet tracers from Cisco (you can find it handy enough on the internet). Build test labs for L2 and plenty of L3 routing RIP, EIGRP, OSPF.

I'm currently self studying for my CCNP cert and in a similar situation as yourself. Soon as my daughter gets to bed I study for an hour or two with baby monitor on beside me. It's not easy but it is doable.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bob2oo7

My big problem is that September is a write off because of Electric Picnic, a wedding and holidays.

Ideally I need a 5 day full time ICND2 bootcamp, starting this coming Monday and get work to send me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Kinet1c

Monday is a bank holiday. Try calling New Horizons/Sureskills to see if they have any ICND2 courses coming up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Kinet1c

Actually, have you considered studying in the office in the evenings/weekends? (if it's a quiet environment)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

If you have already attempted the exam I would suggest paying for these 5 days courses is a waste of money.

If it was me I would ask my employer for study leave and DIY it

• Advertisement
Advertisement