Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need help with wedding photos!

Options
  • 30-07-2013 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi guys I am hoping someone can help me. I got married over a year ago now and still have not got my ablum simply because I really do not like my photographs. I have 'kindof' told the photographer this. I have had to get very cross with him as he was threatening to take money out of my account and I was going through a bad time as my dad was diagnosed with cancer. Howver I really want to get my album now and really do not like my photos. Does anyone know if it would be possible to just get a cd of my photos and get another photographer to do something with them? What maddens me also is that the weather I had was so glorious I could have had fab photos I'm gettin madder and more annoyed each day! Any help would be very much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

best to pop to the legal section of boards and ask for what others think you should do ... you cannot ask for legal advice on boards.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Howver I really want to get my album now and really do not like my photos. Does anyone know if it would be possible to just get a cd of my photos and get another photographer to do something with them? What maddens me also is that the weather I had was so glorious I could have had fab photos

What exactly don't you like about your photographs? Why aren't they "fab"?

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭TTWNF

I really want to get my album now and really do not like my photos.

i don't really get this

what don't you like about the photos?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭jonnybangbang

Does anyone know if it would be possible to just get a cd of my photos and get another photographer to do something with them?

what do you want the other photographer to do ? Define "something"?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Does anyone know if it would be possible to just get a cd of my photos and get another photographer to do something with them?

You need to check out your original contract for terms and conditions.

It's unlikely that you will have an automatic entitlement to any of the images so you should probably get a little sweeter with your photographer (ala 'you catch more bees with honey than vinegar').

It really will all depend on how 'open' or otherwise the photographer may be to facilitating you, and again remember that they won't have to facilitate you, so it will be by their good nature should they decide to bend or replace whatever the previous agreement may have been.

If you are by chance looking for a cheaper outcome then the photographer will be within their rights to stick to their guns if they so wish, but if you have genuine concerns over the quality of the output then you need to explain this in calm and non offensive terms to see if an accomodation can be made. This should be evidence based ie. your portfolio said you would produce images of a certain style when what has actually been produced is something of a snapshots variety with no composition flair whatsoever, that couldn't possibly be considered similar to what was promised.

Try the nice route with them, explain that things weren't right due to your father's illness and if appropriate perhaps consider apologising over any previous tone which you may have used (only suggesting this on the basis of what you have said).

My guess is (depending on photographer) that they are likely to be happy to get a reasonable days pay for a reasonable days work, and avoidance of any potential legal road to be travelled. But don't go getting all legal on them staright out.

The world is a nicer place when people are nice to each other. You are where you are and won't/can't change the 'now'.

I hope something works out for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,114 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Is this the story-
    He shot your wedding, you viewed the photos but don’t like them. You haven’t paid him yet.
    You want to get the photos from him without paying the agreed price and get another photographer to a) photoshop/improve them b)print them c) something else?

How did you kindof tell him you didn’t like them & did you tell him why you haven’t paid him the agreed price?
    Is it just you that doesn’t like them or what do others think? That would be very important I think. If it’s just a personal thing then you should pay him. If others think the same (don’t ask your husband, if he says I think they’re fine ye’ll fight with each other) then you could meet the photographer and outline what’s bad about them.

Anyway why don’t you like them- bad cropping/heads missing, bad light shots etc. or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

Hi guys I am hoping someone can help me. I got married over a year ago now and still have not got my ablum simply because I really do not like my photographs.
    This cant be the full story .... have you paid the photographer ?
    I have 'kindof' told the photographer this.
    is it the same standard of images you seen when you looked at the portfolio BEFORE you hired the photographer.
    I have had to get very cross with him as he was threatening to take money out of my account and
    be very clear now... in what way did the photographer threaten you ???
    I was going through a bad time as my dad was diagnosed with cancer.
    not really important to the situation - with all due respect your personal issues are your personal issues and if you were not able to deal with the photographer at the time you should have told him so.
    Howver I really want to get my album now and really do not like my photos. Does anyone know if it would be possible to just get a cd of my photos and get another photographer to do something with them?
    have you asked the photographer is they are willing to give the images on CD/DVD ... I suspect they will charge through the roof for it if they do.
    What maddens me also is that the weather I had was so glorious I could have had fab photos I'm gettin madder and more annoyed each day! Any help would be very much appreciated.
    so.... can you please explain what you mean by the photos are bad ?? are they out of focus, dark eyes etc

how did you come across your photographer - was it one of the many cheap "deal" sites ? or word of mouth ?

did you see the standard of images the photographer says he will provide ? what did you sign up for - what did you hire the photographer for ...to take photos and ??? give you an album ? .......

[wait a minute]

did you see the proofs and get asked what images you would like and you dont like the proofs ? (which may have been pre-processing)

the way I see it ...you can :
    A) goto a solicitor and try sue - but you need to prove he offered a higher standard of images BEFORE you hired him or that he has done something wrong (which it doesn't sound like he has)
    B) Talk with your photographer - pay whatever is owed and possibly pay extra for the images on CD/DVD ...then walk away.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

dinneenp wrote: »
    Is this the story-
    He shot your wedding, you viewed the photos but don’t like them. You haven’t paid him yet.
    You want to get the photos from him without paying the agreed price and get another photographer to a) photoshop/improve them b)print them c) something else?
    This is what it sounds like, alright! And unless the OP tells us what is wrong with the photos, I'm going to go out on a limb and question how much of the photographers work did the OP see beforehand, and query if the photographs the photographer took were like them or not?

Advertisement