Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UF valve

Options
  • 30-07-2013 7:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me what is this white round headed valve on my UF heating and the purpose of it?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

martineire wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what is this white round headed valve on my UF heating and the purpose of it?

Thanks

It looks like an automatic by pass to stop the underfloor heating getting to much hot water and doing damage by over heating and getting heating water at to high a tempature. That's my opinion going on the fact that its only on a half inch pipe.

Any other views anybody?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

That looks like a thermostatic valve to me. It's a bit of a queer manifold set up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

JohnnieK wrote: »
    That looks like a thermostatic valve to me. It's a bit of a queer manifold set up.

YES.....A thermostacticaly controled by-pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

It's an injection control valve. It mixes in the flow temperature of the boiler to maintain the UFH circuit set temperature of the ICV.

Advertisement