Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

CAO offers! HELP

Options
  • 30-07-2013 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

On my cao application i put NCI as my first option but now i would rather go to ITB if i got accepted! Just want to know how it works? If i got offered a place in NCI would i accepted it or just hold off to see if i got a place in ITB

By the way ITB is my second option

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭92Grainne1992

Unfortunately we had plenty of time to change our choices and theres nothing you can do except hope and pray you get ITB in Round 1... What kind of grades did you get and what sort or grades are you looking at for your course? x

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Happyliving

Unfortunately we had plenty of time to change our choices and theres nothing you can do except hope and pray you get ITB in Round 1... What kind of grades did you get and what sort or grades are you looking at for your course? x

I got 7 distinctions 2 merits, would you know what colleges send out offers in round zero and round one

A quick google turned this up.
    An example applicant receives two offers in Round One.
    He receives an offer of his first preference course on the
    Level 8 list and his second preference course on the
    Level 7/Level 6 list.
    He must decide which to accept. He may accept just one of
    these two offers (or none).
    He prefers the Level 8 course and accepts it.
    If a place later becomes available on his first preference
    course on the Level 7/Level 6 list he will be offered it.
    He may now decide whether to accept the new offer or
    stay in the course he has already accepted

When I used CAO back in 2009 that way it worked was, depending on the course, ITB still accepted late entries through CAO, in which case you just apply for the course. It might be the same.

I got offered a level 6 course using a FETAC course through CAO (similar to you, I had 8 distinctions and 2 merits) and continued on until I completed the level 8.

A quick google turned this up.

When I used CAO back in 2009 that way it worked was, depending on the course, ITB still accepted late entries through CAO, in which case you just apply for the course. It might be the same.

I got offered a level 6 course using a FETAC course through CAO (similar to you, I had 8 distinctions and 2 merits) and continued on until I completed the level 8.

I think they made a few tweeks to the fetac since 2009! What i was told is that the fetac is accepted more now then ever before...

What course did you do?

I think they made a few tweeks to the fetac since 2009! What i was told is that the fetac is accepted more now then ever before...

What course did you do?
    FETAC Multimedia Production (I signed up for a computer course, but that didn't run, so chose next best thing).

Done computer science in ITB.

• Advertisement

http://www.fetac.ie/fetac/documents/Prog_HEC_2011.pdf

The list for dates is on that link. Higher links scheme colleges come out tomorrow.

The pilots are out with the LC results as far as I know :)

If u get NCI tomorrow accept it anyway. You can always accept a different course when and if it comes through with the LC round.. x

http://www.fetac.ie/fetac/documents/Prog_HEC_2011.pdf

The list for dates is on that link. Higher links scheme colleges come out tomorrow.

The pilots are out with the LC results as far as I know :)

If u get NCI tomorrow accept it anyway. You can always accept a different course when and if it comes through with the LC round.. x

Say i do get offered my first choice (nci level 8) tomorrow and i accept it, i will not be offerd my second choice (ITB level 8) i read that once you accepted your first/second/third choice etc you will not be offered anything lower?

This cao thing is a disaster!!!

Oh yeah forgot that... So either take NCI if you get it or gamble your choice for ITB... Sucks doesnt it? I got 8 distinctions so hoping for ITB aswell... I'm gunna take whatever i get tomorrow though, ITB is my first choice :) x

Oh yeah forgot that... So either take NCI if you get it or gamble your choice for ITB... Sucks doesnt it? I got 8 distinctions so hoping for ITB aswell... I'm gunna take whatever i get tomorrow though, ITB is my first choice :) x

I seen something on some website that said all the IT's are sending out out offers tomorrow!! Hope this is true

If i do get an offer from NCI tomorrow im going to take it, your bascially gambling your future

I seen something on some website that said all the IT's are sending out out offers tomorrow!! Hope this is true

If i do get an offer from NCI tomorrow im going to take it, your bascially gambling your future

Doubt it but if thats true my already mad ngiht out is going to be even madder! x

• Advertisement
Advertisement