Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Positive Reviews on Global Visas?

Options
  • 30-07-2013 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Does anyone have any positive experiences with Global Visas in terms of getting a visa for Canada? I am hoping to get one when the next round of them come out, and as I was in a bit over my head turned to Global Visas for help. Since then all I seem to be hearing are bad reviews and I'm getting worried, just wondering has anyone had any positive experiences with them and managed to get a Canadian Visa through them? It would really put my mind at ease to hear some positive stories.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Delira

Does anyone have any positive experiences with Global Visas in terms of getting a visa for Canada? I am hoping to get one when the next round of them come out, and as I was in a bit over my head turned to Global Visas for help. Since then all I seem to be hearing are bad reviews and I'm getting worried, just wondering has anyone had any positive experiences with them and managed to get a Canadian Visa through them? It would really put my mind at ease to hear some positive stories.

If it's the IEC working holiday visa you're planning on applying for then there is absolutely no need to pay Global Visa or USIT or anyone for that matter to help you, trust me!

It's all done online and is all pretty straight-forward once you read through the process on the IEC website. All you will be paying them to do is press submit on your forms on the website.

There's so much info on the thread here and the facebook page http://www.facebook.com/groups/293814990664354/, there's really no need to feel apprehensive :)

Once you've read all the info, you'll see that there's no need to waste your money on those middlemen who are imho just preying on people's fear that the process is "too complicated".

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭JenL

Hey Daisychain18.
    Doesn't look like you're getting anywhere with positive reviews which might indicate something... You'll find plenty of bad reviews of Global & Usit and regrets of people going with them due to delays in sending their paperwork and the additional cost plus they usually insist your have to book your flight through them (this is the case with Usit, not sure with Global) and the price of the flight is usually ridiculously high.
    I agree with Delira, once you take your time and you can refer back to this years questions and in sure there'll be a 2014 thread at some stage you'll be grand.
    The only prep work I can suggest is applying for your police cert in Dec/January (no earlier) and make sure your passport is in date.
    Other than that keep checking the Canada immigration page for updates and I'm sure it'll be on here too when it opens. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭media101

i think i read a review of global visas before where a person applied for a visa through them and then global visas ****ed up their forms and the person ended up not getting a visa cause he had to reapply and sure the visas were all gone.

trust me you dont need to go through anyone to get a visa, it's super simple. all you need if a valid passport, €120ish and a Garda cert. That's the first stage anyway and then once you have your visa number you have months to fill in the rest of it. dont worry there will be 1000s of people who think they need to pay someone to help them and sure ye can help each other out for free!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 daisychain18

Thanks for the reply guys! The problem is I'm a bit confused when it comes to the application process. I'll be emigrating on my own which is daunting so want to make sure I do it right! I've been back onto the Canadian emigration website there and am slightly confused with the process.
    Global Visas way was I upload all of my info, garda clearance cert, passport, references etc etc to them and once the visas come out they get me one (or try to) which includes a work permit. The Canadian website way although cheaper is a bit more confusing. The visas aren't out yet but it is giving me the option to apply for a work permit now. With this way you have to apply for the visa and permit separately. The next round of visas come out in October or there abouts.
    Global visas say they can get me a 2 yrs visa, the Canadian website give me the option of a working holiday (is that for 1 year?). If anyone else has gone through this already and applied online I would really appreciate your advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭JenL

What type of visa are they saying they can get you in October? To my knowledge unless you can get sponsored or as part of the skilled worker occupations there aren't any accessible ways for a work permit until the IEC opens next year.
    The IEC visa is two years and Global Visas cannot offer you anything that you can't do yourself. If you take your time completing the IEC forms and I'm sure there'll be a help forum next year for queries, you'll be fine. Will make no difference if you're going along or with someone once you get your POE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 daisychain18

Sorry you're right JenL, they're saying information regarding the opening of the IEC visa will be posted in the Autumn.
    I know it will make no difference going on my own, it was just a daunting prospect as I had no-one to compare notes with/share the visa anxiety! What is a POE btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 infohelp

I had a really bad experience of my life with global visa. They took money from my account and they kept on changing my case manager. They did nothing and took my money. You will reach no where with global visa. Try to find somebody else.

Advertisement