Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QFA Life Assurance

Options
  • 30-07-2013 9:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭

Hi,

I passed the Loans QFA exam in May which was my first one. I've registered for Life Assurance in September with the LIA and I want to get some opinions about how to study for these exams before I use the same method that I used for the Loans exam.

For loans, I basically just read about 10 pages of the book each day until it was completely finished and I highlights some sections that I felt were important. When the book was finished, I completed past papers over and over again. Let me just say that reading 10 pages of the book at a time was painfully boring and I really want to find an alternative way of studying for these exams.

Please let me know how you study for the QFAs, and for Life Assurance in particular. Help me escape the monotony!!!

Thanks,
    Hugo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

Loans is dull, but in my opinion the easiest exam by far. Life is broader and covers a lot and should hopefully hold your interest a bit more.

The way i studied for all the exams worked for me but of course everyone will have their own way.

1.Read the book...just a straight read through, no notes etc
    2.Re read the book.....but highlighting the relevant sections. Depending on the chapter you may end up highlighting the whole page! On the other hand there can be a lot of repetition in other sections.
    3. Slowly go through the book and take notes on all the highlighted areas.
    4. Do the mock exams to your hearts content, you know your ready for the exam when you have the answer correct in your head before looking at the 4 answer options.

Good luck and try and get them completed in as short a time as possible and then reclaim your life!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭speedygirl

Does anyone have sample exam questions they can send me ???? :eek:

Advertisement