Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish tv channels on a uk tv

Options
  • 30-07-2013 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

I've got an LG uk television. It doesn't have Ireland listed in the options page to select a country. By selecting UK i get most channels.

801- 806 are the irish channels but they are blocked. I can access the information (whats on) but there is no picture or sound.

How can I unblock these channels?
    Matt

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,505 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

What is the model no.?

Is there a country option listed as "other"?

Are the radio channels stored?

No video (and sometimes no audio) could be down to it being a non-Saorview compatible TV. If this is the problem a separate Saorview STB would be required with that TV.

Another problem could be insufficient signal, what type of aerial are you using - indoor or roof aerial?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mattdgl

Thanks for the quick reply mate.

The model number is 32LG7000-ZA

There is no "other" in the country section.

All the radio channels come through loud and clear.

There is no video and no audio at all. (I have another TV there with the same problem but i get Audio on it. The screen says "invalid input". Any ideas on that? It doesn't have ireland in the country section either).

I noticed when i was looking through the menus on the LG that I am getting my signal from Northern Ireland. I'm near Donegal Town. It's an indoor aerial.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,505 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

mattdgl wrote: »
    The model number is 32LG7000-ZA

There is no "other" in the country section.

All the radio channels come through loud and clear.

There is no video and no audio at all. (I have another TV there with the same problem but i get Audio on it. The screen says "invalid input". Any ideas on that? It doesn't have ireland in the country section either).

I noticed when i was looking through the menus on the LG that I am getting my signal from Northern Ireland. I'm near Donegal Town. It's an indoor aerial.

The TV appears to have been released about 5 years ago so I'm assuming it doesn't have the correct tuner/MPEG-4 video decoder for Saorview. I have an LG DVD/HDD Freeview recorder that worked fine in the analogue TV days but doesn't give me audio or video on the Saorview TV channels but radio channels are OK.

Some incompatible TVs will store the Saorview TV channels with audio and no video, others won't. The TVs can't be upgraded so the only way to watch Saorview on those TVs will be with a separate Saorview STB.

Are you picking up any of the Freeview channels or programme guide info from NI? According to the Saorview coverage checker Truskmore transmitter provides Saorview coverage to Donegal Town on UHF channel 53.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mattdgl

Thanks again,

Yes its picking up all the uk channels but not the Irish ones. I did check the transmitter stuff but the tv still won't show the channels if i select it in the menu.Thats a balls though. Guess i'll have to fork out for a saorview thingamybob.

Cheers for your help though
    Matt

Advertisement