Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

question on driving test

Options
  • 29-07-2013 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

If I put down BE on my learner permit application does that mean I will have to tow a trailer when it comes to doing my driving test? Or can I get my licence to tow a trailer without actually having to do so in my test?
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Motor-Ed

beeelo85 wrote: »
    If I put down BE on my learner permit application does that mean I will have to tow a trailer when it comes to doing my driving test? Or can I get my licence to tow a trailer without actually having to do so in my test?
    thanks

You have to do a test for EB, I presume from your comment you still have to do B?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 beeelo85

yeah i still need to do B, so am I right in saying then that i can get W (for tractors) without ever driving a tractor but if i want a trailer licence then i'll have to use one?

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Motor-Ed

yeah i still need to do B, so am I right in saying then that i can get W (for tractors) without ever driving a tractor but if i want a trailer licence then i'll have to use one?

You get to tow a trailer of 750 kgw with your Cat B without a test if you want to tow anything bigger you'll need a test

• Registered Users Posts: 12 beeelo85

k thanks very much for clearing that up for me

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

k thanks very much for clearing that up for me

Of note the EB test is the full driving test again with the exception of a three point turn - oh and you are pulling a weighted trailer

You need a separate EB learners permit for towing a trailer and must have already passed your B test.

Whilst pulling the trailer with an EB learner permit you must be accompanied by a person who has a full EB licence to pull a trailer with x number of years since they past their own trailer test ( can't remember of the top of my head what the number of years are)

I recommend you get the B first then think about doing the EB

• Advertisement
Advertisement